Thread: T. Blondi (Goliath Bird Eater) Eating

Default T. Blondi (Goliath Bird Eater) Eating

Here is our Bird Eater eating a cricket,he already had 2 in his mouth but I missed them on camera. My brother is playing xbox in the background so I'm sorry about that.
    http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=100_5337.mp4
    2.5.0 Morph Leopard Geckos
    2.1.0 Normal Leopard Geckos
    0.1.0 Baby Leopard Gecko (tremper albino het raptor)
    1.1.0 hypo redtail boas
    1.1.0 Southern Pine Snakes (albino,axanthic het albino )
    2.1.0 Bearded Dragons
    0.0.1 Columbian Black & White Tegu
    25 Tarantulas

i love those guys..... mine was sold as a "Chocolate Velvet" (& was told very friendly) so i used to hold him all the time and let it climb on my head/face, then after it started to get really big i did some digging around & come to find out CV was a nick-name given to them years & years ago. long story short i stopped letting it out. (i was like 12yrs old then). I had him for 5 yrs gave him to my friend he had it for 3 more before it died
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    i love those guys..... mine was sold as a "Chocolate Velvet" (& was told very friendly) so i used to hold him all the time and let it climb on my head/face, then after it started to get really big i did some digging around & come to find out CV was a nick-name given to them years & years ago. long story short i stopped letting it out. (i was like 12yrs old then). I had him for 5 yrs gave him to my friend he had it for 3 more before it died
    Wow that's really cool! Im 13 and im like kinda sorta terrified of it. I was trying to fish him out with a stick to get a better picture and he wouldn't come out so i shut the door and he went flying out and hit the glass! I jumped back a couple feet lol!
    1.1.0 hypo redtail boas
    2.1.0 Bearded Dragons
    25 Tarantulas

yeah if i had known what it was & what it could do i never would have held it, but then again i also got it at only a 2"-2.5" leg span so holding it every day after school got it so it really was quite calm until the 6-7" mark then it started getting "jumpy" and wouldn't let me hold it often. spiders have been my favorite animals, they were the 1st pet i ever baught. i've owned then since i was about 10 or 11 yrs old up to 23 thats when my zebra (Oreo) died and my girlfriend at the time (wife now) wouldn't let me get any more (i had it before we met)
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

yeah if i had known what it was & what it could do i never would have held it, but then again i also got it at only a 2"-2.5" leg span so holding it every day after school got it so it really was quite calm until the 6-7" mark then it started getting "jumpy" and wouldn't let me hold it often. spiders have been my favorite animals, they were the 1st pet i ever baught. i've owned then since i was about 10 or 11 yrs old up to 23 thats when my zebra (Oreo) died and my girlfriend at the time (wife now) wouldn't let me get any more (i had it before we met)
    Are you talking her into letting you get another? If so I hope she lets you I was 8 when I got my first one,pinktoe,and it was the best spider but it was a mature male so he only lived about a year. but then I got a sling and had it for a while but died for no reason. Sudden aviculara death syndrome :( Those are the ONLY tarantula that I trust,I don't know why but I won't hold any other ones. And when you said earlier that your alergic to rose hair's hair (sounds weird lol) are they the only ones you know of? And my hand is twitching because I have so many hairs from the goliath in it.
    1.1.0 hypo redtail boas
    2.1.0 Bearded Dragons
    25 Tarantulas

I've held every one I've owned, the rose hair would "throw" it's hairs and no matter where he got me hands, arm, or anywhere my hands would swell up & turn blotchy as would around my eyes and checks.... so yeah never again will i get a rose hair, plus out of all of the spiders they are the only ones to ever bite me (every one say rose hairs are so docile and calm, but they LIE) I hate those guys

but yes I've been working on her letting me get a spider in a year or so, I'm taking one step at a time. she just let me get snakes, and now she even has one of her own
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

I really like him/them. I'm taking an honest interest in them .....

Do they eat birds ....
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

yes in the wild they would go into nests and ambush birds, lizards, frogs, & anything smaller than them (they can get a 10-12" legspan so they have a lot thats smaller than them)
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

but yes I've been working on her letting me get a spider in a year or so, I'm taking one step at a time. she just let me get snakes, and now she even has one of her own
    So I'll admit that I had (previously) never given reptiles a second thought, but once the BF started showing me pics and videos of tegus, I fell in live with them. He was so shocked when I suggested that we get a couple. Well, I've apparently opened up the flood gates, as he wants to start rebuilding his reptile collection now. When he told me that he wanted to start breeding ball pythons, he had planted himself in front of me and looked like he was preparing for battle. It was pretty funny.

Personally, I'm fine with him getting just about any reptile he wants... but I'd have to draw the line at spiders. *shiver*
    Last edited by nordica; 07-14-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

Pikey I hope she lets you some soon,maybe you might be interested in some of mine that I might sell if she lets you. I have a L. Parahypana(pink salmon bird eater). They are very pretty and the bigger they get the more they are out. We have an adult that is never hiding. Here she is

Nordica,what kind of ball pythons is he wanting to get? Normals or a type of morph? I'm not breeding them yet but when me and my brother get the money we are going to be getting a male and two female yellow bellies. They look like a normal but with a yellow belly,but when you breed them you get an ivory which are BEAUTIFUL! Have him check them out. And tarantulas arn't that bad. Thay may look scary but some are REALLY pretty. I'm hoping to get a couple of these. They are a type of pinktoe called an A.Versicolor Thay are really nice and calm
    1.1.0 hypo redtail boas
    2.1.0 Bearded Dragons
    25 Tarantulas