Thread: What's going on with my bearded dragon?

Default What's going on with my bearded dragon?

Gomek has been acting like this since Spring. He is very inactive, like he doesn't want to do anything. He never wants to come out of the terrarium, he never wants to run around, and getting him to eat his fruits and veggies has been a pain. Every once in a while, he will seem to be back to normal (running around, active, etc.), but he is like this most of the time. He will remain in his cave all day. I have to take him out of the cave every day to feed him his crickets, otherwise he will not eat them in the terrarium. He never used to be like this, he was always very hyper and wanting to come out of the terrarium all the time, and he would eat his salad down to the bottom of the bowl. He also sat on his branch and basked a lot, and now he hardly ever sits on it.

He has me stumped, and I'm worried that there may be something wrong. He otherwise appears healthy and fine. I haven't been doing anything different, and I keep him at the correct temperatures (80-84 F on the cool end, 100-104 F on the hot end). Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

How often do you soak him? How long since his last fecal? Crickets do carry parasites, so a regular fecal is a good idea. Unless you are in the southern hemisphere it is too early for brumation - and you want to make sure to get whatever it might be cleared up before then. My rescue bearded is fighting a respiratory infection - think she is finally starting to do better, but I want to make sure it is cleared before this fall.

He gets baths twice a week and he has regular bowel movements. I'm going to call the vet today and see if they can do a fecal exam for him.
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223