Thread: Questions about what reptile to Get!

Default Questions about what reptile to Get!

I was wondering what I could put into a 6x3x3 enclosure besides a tegu. I am making cages that stack, and can even divide up one of them. Beasides a Sav monitor and another tegu. And obvious things like Blue Tongued Skink or Bearded dragon or Chinese water dragon or Frilled lizard or Uromastyx. What about a Blackthroat? (pushing it lol) ANY other kinds of Monitors? A dwarf caimain? What is the most friendly kind of Boa in your opinion? Thinking about one of them. I know some people say they have doglike Burmese pythons. So some sweet boas? Personable tortoise to get? I know Leopard and Sulcata...

To be honest I can probably upgrade my tank size higher. If you have a reptile in mind, let me know the smallest dimensions he can have if I get him out OFTEN, and I will see if I can fit it in. Just making a stack cage so I can ahve something other than a Tegu too... LOL

I would have to say that a Black Throat would not be a good choice. I got mine when he was 32" at the end of March. He is now almost 51" and growing fast. I have him in a 8x4x4 currently.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

I just got back from an Animal Science camp and they have a Black throat, so I was able to see how big they get. I can actually fit maybe a 10 foot long and 4 feet wide. Up to 9 feet high. Thinking MAYBE a Black throat then, or maybe an Iguana. What could fit into that size cage besides the ones I mentioned in the first post. What is a sweet-ER Python or Boa? I know a lot of people say they have dogish Burmese pythons. Personable tortoises?

Tall isn't important for a Black Throat as they are terrestrial. You will need an enclosure at least as large as mine from the "get go" as there are no hatchlings available anywhere at any price. Tanzania closed off all animal exports and none have been bred this year in the U.S. The very few I have seen for sale are either young adults or adults in the $500+ range.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

So is a 10 By 4 big enough for an Adult? I don't plan on getting one for a year or two, if at all. Just getting some info on it.