Thread: Leopard Gecko rage

Default Leopard Gecko rage

Hey chaps, my leo has been acting funny since we moved house. I've been handling him a lot more but he's very vocal at the moment and seems to get very easily stressed, pee'd on me for the second time yesterday when he was getting really agitated. He's 2 years old.

When he's getting stressed he's generally bolting away from me, actually jumped off me yesterday (I have never, ever seen him jump. He's very laid back, usually falls off things rather than jump), and making a long growly-squeak noise.

He's in a seperate room from the tegu, but I'm wondering whether he can smell her? He's also in a relatively high traffic room (our bedroom) so he should be fairly used to my partner's voice by now (we didn't live together before).

Any ideas? He might have been hungry, he's overweight so I'm restricting his food at the moment, feeding him every couple of days.

Sounds like Reptill my 17 year old Leopard gecko. She only did it twice to me once was because I have decrease the amount of handling with her. For about about 2 months out of her life I lost her. I was so heart broken and also extremely over joy when my Dog Candice "A miniature pincher" who was purchase the same day and have been the best of friends with Reptill since that time, came into the hallway and started barking. She then follow that up with clawing at my door. Of course I open it up and let her in. Well normally she comes in and say hello and walks back out but this time she really wanted my attention lol Just wouldn't stop running in barking at me then running out and barking in the hallway. Finally being sick of being annoyed that and I just was killed on Halo 2. Walked outside and there she was just sitting in the walkway cover in dryer oil. After a good shed she was good.

Ever since then I do not handle my old girl so much. Unless I am assisting her in the removal of excess shed she is to lazy to remove on her own then For the most part I do not handle her. Well for 2 months she was just awesome with the removal of her shedding so there was no need to handle her at the time. Once i did however she reacted the same way yours did, Outside of the urination. They like to make a rolling clicking growl type sound when they do not want to be bother by you.

Another reason is because I was unable to feed her for about a month and a half due to my mother kicking me out of the house when I was younger and her being horrible fearful of insects. Of course because I normally fed my reptiles outside their housing I reach in to take her out.. Now most people do not know that when Leo's are extremely angry and displease with you. That the Leo will open their mouth wide and like a Croc defending his turf from another side swipe you with their head. Follow up with that clicking squeaky rolling growl of theirs lol.

So which one are you doing good Raebot under handling your Leo or going to long between feedings? Remember your animals know their feeding times and are very annoyed when you do not follow it :3