Thread: hi

Default hi

Hi i recently became owned by a 3 1/2 yr old male b&w tegu, he is super friendly and an absolute joy to own, ive had a few months with him now with us both getting used to each other and he actively seeks me out to either sit on my knee or to cuddle in beside me on my chair, when im at home he has free roam of the house which he makes use of and destroys the place when he can lol.
    He loves having visitors as it means he can get more attention and be nosy, he is kinda house trained as in he wont toilet in his viv which is fantastic and makes cleaning the viv so much easier he will bang on the viv doors with his nose until we open it to get out, then has a few favourite spots round the house where he will toilet, thank god for laminate flooring.
    I also have 6 kids , eldest being 21 and youngest being 13, so all able to fend for themselves, im about to become a granny for the first time in jan 2013 so very excited about that, I am also owned by 3 staffordshire bull terriers and 9 snakes.

ahh well thats all about me, brilliant forum btw ive spent plenty of time looking through it as a visitor

thanks for reading

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new tegu as well as your upcoming family arrival!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Hi to you, too, Kazzym. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your Tegu and for the new addition in January. I'm happy to hear that you like our forum. I don't want to tell you what to do but you might want to try to give him a bath or shower when he wants to get out of his enclosure. So he can poop in the tub. This will be even easier to clean . Hope to see you around.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

all advice welcome,, he does get regular baths, and when he doesnt want one he climbs straight out the bath ,, he know what he likes and when lol

Ours, too. They are very smart lizards. It also helps us to know what to do with them when they let us know what they want .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

definately very intelligent, fantastic pets

Welcome to the family! This is a friendly group of helpful people.
    It sound like you are on the right track with your tegu and your post should be read my everyone who thinks that buying a hatchling is the only way to go. I too acquired an adult male around 3 years old, who like yours is a great guy.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

im the first to admit i wasnt a hundred per cent sure what i was doing when i took on diego but he has been the absolute the best addition to the family and im so glad i took him on

I don't think anyone would be disappointed having a Tegu who loves lizards. They are very smart and very funny, too. I wouldn't know what to do without them. The only problem with having a Tegu is ( in my eyes ) is that since they are such great lizards it's very hard to just have one of them lol.

Our videos :

Hi and welcome