Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Hill 2012

well there goes my hoping.

Note to self: Do not take deposits on animals I have not produced yet. And if I do.......... for goodness sakes, DON'T spend it.

I don't even like holding animals that I do have for people. I have a baby that someone is making payments on and then shipping out soon. It lost a toenail and I feel so bad.

I do take deposits for my event business to help prevent cancellations. But the money is in escrow until after the event in case a refund in necessary.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

What I don't understand is why people think the way they do. I don't know the facts nor have I seen documentation of orders etc. However, I do know this.
    Bobby Hill is a business man period. He is not your friend and you are not his. Don't expect things from him because he is nice on the phone. You are a customer,
    just like you are a customer of Wal Mart, Macy's and so on. Why are people making excuses for for him? You should be treated like a valued customer! You should be communicated with if you are not. The "well he is busy this time of year", excuse is lame and totally irrelevant. If he is too busy then he needs to hire people to help.
    There were posts on Tegu Talk about all of this and talk about "sending him court papers" from people that don't have a clue about much of anything. If people have legitimate cases, documentation and notes to support their case they should do what they need to do properly. They need to come forth with their names dates etc. on all of the forums. Hopefully, they have the documentation, dates of calls etc. Without that, no one can really tell what is real and what is not. Plus, they don't have a prayer of obtaining a small claims action or anything else other than "me too" people jumping on the bandwagon.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

I wouldn't say that those people on the forums don't know anything. Because I'm one of the people who got ripped of also. It doesn't mean because someone doesn't put all the private information on forums that they don't know anything. I didn't post all the emails between Bobby and I on the forums. I also didn't document all the phone calls because I haven't been scammed by a breeder before ( that doesn't make me stupid. Does it ? ). When I got my second All American Tegu from Bobby in 09 I was $50 short. He still shipped him out and he let me pay the $50 for Shakespeare the next day. I thought this was so nice of him. This is why I recommended him to so many people. Not just because he was ( is ) a great Tegu breeder but he also was very nice. I don't know what happened to him. I was just very lucky that I got my entire money back from PayPal.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dana C View Post
    What I don't understand is why people think the way they do. I don't know the facts nor have I seen documentation of orders etc. However, I do know this.
    Bobby Hill is a business man period. He is not your friend and you are not his. Don't expect things from him because he is nice on the phone. You are a customer,
    just like you are a customer of Wal Mart, Macy's and so on. Why are people making excuses for for him? You should be treated like a valued customer! You should be communicated with if you are not. The "well he is busy this time of year", excuse is lame and totally irrelevant. If he is too busy then he needs to hire people to help.
    There were posts on Tegu Talk about all of this and talk about "sending him court papers" from people that don't have a clue about much of anything. If people have legitimate cases, documentation and notes to support their case they should do what they need to do properly. They need to come forth with their names dates etc. on all of the forums. Hopefully, they have the documentation, dates of calls etc. Without that, no one can really tell what is real and what is not. Plus, they don't have a prayer of obtaining a small claims action or anything else other than "me too" people jumping on the bandwagon.
    Couldn't agree with that more, it's a messed up situation, things will eventually pass and hopefully everyone gets what they deserve. But the threads are a train wreck I'm so tired of seeing,.. smh,... but can't turn my eyes away from it. I don't know when, more and more people stopped taking responsibility for their own actions. Whether they did their research before making the deposits or not, they are still responsible to a degree for the predicament they're in now. After seeing other peoples scars you don't (shouldn't) play with fire and then get mad when you get burned.

On top of that you're dealing with a whole lot of melodramatic people that either don't know how or just refuse to stick to the facts. Stop over exaggerating the situation, information, speculations or hear say and stick to what you know. Which unfortunately for most is very little but even then for a person like me, I empathize with and find people more credible without all the exaggerating. If you have to be over the top and stretch the truth why should I believe or even sympathize with anything else you say?

Yeah he could have handled the situation different but he didn't and has not for quite some time now, so why even take that chance? There are too many other ways of obtaining a tegu out there. If for what ever reason it just had to be one of his, why not wait for them to hatch and see what he has left especially with everything that has been going on. Even then directly through him is just one way of obtaining one of his tegus.

Some people are upset because he's taking deposits for next year,.. no surprise there he did the same thing last year if he didn't he probably wouldn't be in a deeper situation this year. Even with that he will still get deposits for next years clutches, I will put money on it that he's gotten some already. So there may or may not be more of the same threads later on, only time will tell.

Just like they jumped on that band wagon for better or worse, now people are jumping on the Tegu Terra wagon,.. but where did his reputation start out at? Not to mention his stock.

Things happen, we all make mistakes some bigger and more serious than others but most of which in time we can also recover from. I'll just be glad when this is all over and done with.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

bubblz. I just want to ask you how all the people who didn't get any responsed from Bobby, didn't get a Tegu that they payed for or didn't get their money back respond to all of this. We all tried to be patient with him. You are not the one who got yelled at and didn't loose any money. The reason why we put a deposit down is so we would get a Tegu. You know he is sold out fast. The same thing could of happened to you, too. I feel bad because I recommended Bobby to alot of people since I trusted him. They trusted me with the recommendation. Alot of them are new with getting a Tegu. How could this be any of their fault ? All he had to do is email them and let them know what is going on. This is not that hard to do. I think he should get things back into order before he tries to take deposits for next year.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I totally agree he should get things back in order before taking more deposits but that's not happening right now and like I said he could have handled things much better but he didn't. Everyone was given a choice whether they wanted to do business with him. With everything that has been happening for almost two years now (or how ever long it's been) and all the info that's out there, knowing the situation for what ever reason they were still willing to take that chance. The "It won't happen to me" syndrome at play even though the odds were not in their favor.

This whole situation could have been handled in so many different ways from both sides but it wasn't. Now a lot of people are stuck with out a tegu, waiting to get one or their money back. Which I sincerely hope works out for them one way or the other.
    Why people would send someone money, for something that's not even here, with a possibility of not arriving at all, (then in some cases) without even talking to or hearing from that person is beyond me. I read his TOS back in the day and it's not something I agreed with then or now. We both got our AA's but that was after the fact,.. they were already here. It was just a matter of what's left so I didn't hesitate to do business with him. I may live in Vegas but I'm not a gambler,.. especially not with my own money. Now if someone else wants to use theirs that's fine but I'm putting some in my pocket first.

I'm just tired of seeing people pointed the finger as if they had no part in it what so ever. What's done is done, now it's just a matter of dealing with it. For most there's really not much they can do other than what has already been done with out putting even more money into it, that they may or may not be able to or willing to spare.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

You may want to read the thread about this issue both on here and on the other Tegu Forum.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

I spoke to a friend that is a FL FWC officer and also a former police officer that worked with my husband. I really wanted to stay out of this whole affair, but it seems to be escalating. Take home points from our conversation:

1) File a complaint with IC3
    2) Contact your local law enforcement dept, and Bay County or Panama City law enforcement
    3) Contact your bank, PayPal, credit card company, etc.
    4) If you want to go further, file small claims in FL.
    5) Do not post inflammatory remarks or personal info on forums for your protection and to prevent a libel accusation.
    6) Keep all chats, emails, etc in writing/copies
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Thank you Laura.

bubblz. When I made the Deposit on our All American's in 09 they were not born yet. I made the rest of the payment when they hatched. Last year I heared that he lost alot of hatchlings because of the bad Water. I understand if he doesn't have enough hatchlings for the Deposits he got. But like it says in his Ad " the buyers will get their money back if there are not enough hatchling ". I learned a big lesson from this and I will never recommened him to any one any more.

Our videos :