Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Hill 2012

Few people knew about them until he posted after some were born and others were hatching. I wouldn't have sent the money other wise.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...w-Hybrid-Tegu!
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

I remember now. To bad the photos didn't show up so others can see what they look like. Thank you for the link.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

For those of us who have known Bobby for years and years....he was fair enough in his business dealings. He gave me a free tegu, sold me a great red, and we had many phone conversations. People did business with him because he delivered a great product for years with minimal issue. I believe there is some personal problem at stake that has led to this conglomeration of crap. I do not wish ill toward Bobby, but I do wish for all the people who have been involved to have their money returned.

I think a lot of the people are in a bit of denial, some feel foolish for being "had", some are overly angry at the wrong people, they all trusted him to do the right thing. Every time you make a business transaction, even at Wal-Mart, you trust that your product is relatively safe and usable. When you find out that is broken or shoddy, you get mad. Who wouldn't get angry if they purchased something on-line and it never arrived? But we all take that chance every time we order on-line.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Laura. Very well put. This is a great reply . I couldn't agree with you more.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I would only add that for those of you who are young, I hope that this is the only time a thing like this will happen to you, but sadly it won't be.
    After 64 years I have trusted those whom I shouldn't have and have lost thousands of dollars more and a few times.
    Be thankful that the $150-$350 you lost wasn't more. File a small claims court action in Florida, file an IC3 complaint but know that IC3 doesn't investigate it only refers cases or incidents to whomever would have jurisdiction.
    Lastly, it is ok to be angry and wanting a "pound of flesh". You can think about all the hurtful things that you could do to Bobby Hill but in the long run, file the complaints with law enforcement and sue him in small claims court and then, try to get over it. Nothing you do will change what happened and you will only make yourself sick with anguish. Trust me I know.

T. merianea, Gordo
    T. rufescens, Eva
    V. Ionedes, Nyuse Kinabo, (Swahili - Black Gift from God)
    Standard Poodles - Millee & Sonny Boy
    A bunch of colubrids and tarantulas

True. I have lost as well and learned lessons the hard way. Filing an ICS will alert the proper authorities that a possible internet fraud is being conducted. If Bobby is ultimately prosecuted or is served a small claims summons, you may get money back eventually.....but it will be a process.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

Yes, I was very upset with Bobby but I didn't want to wish anything bad on him. I just wanted for all of us to get the Tegu or the money back. I saw some nice Quotations yesterday and it kind of reminded me of what I had to deal with, with Bobby. So I thought I share them with you.

Feelings come and feelings go. There is no need to fear them and no need to crave them. Let them come, and then let them go. No feeling is your permanent reality, no matter how intense it is.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.

Our videos :

I stayed out these discussions for a long time for multiple reasons. But really, Bobby is stealing people's money. I guess what did it for me was when he started taking deposits for 2013 and via money gram which has no recourse. Filing an IC3 will hopefully put an end to what he is has going on. Of course, I agree with Dana in that placing a deposit on an unhatched animal is about as risky as it gets.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

Default I have the same issue.

I also ordered an extreme giant male in February of this year and due to the hot weather in AZ after they were ready to ship in June, he said I needed to wait till it cooled down (which is understandable). Now that it has cooled down his phone is disconnected, he never tried to contact me like he said he would and I feel like I was robbed. Does anybody have any insight on what may be going on????? When I talked to him he didnt seem like the type do just take my money and it looks like there have been a lot of people satisfied with him and his Tegu's. I have also read that he was in the hospital and alot of people this year never recieved there tegu. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

This is the first I heard of him being ( was ) in the hospital. He used to be one of the best breeders out there. I used to trust him. I bought my two All American Tegus from him in 2009. I didn't had any problems with him at all at that time. But this year I ordered a red Tegu from him for a friend of mine and he scammed me, too. Unless it's freezing outside the breeder would be able to ship the Tegu. If it's to hot outside the breeder puts a ice pack inside the box. It it's cold outside then they put a hot pack in the box. It was just a excuse for him not wanting to ship your Tegu. I'm sorry that you got scammed, too. If you have any emails between you and Bobby and the payment(s) you made you can take it to your bank and open a Case. It's kind of to late to do it with PayPal ( if you used them to pay for your Tegu ). They don't open Cases that are older then 45 day. But since alot of people complained about him you might want to call to PayPal and talk to them.

How to ship a Tegu ( Reptiles ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoeB66ogBI

Our videos :