Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my tegu don't eat the food!

Default my tegu don't eat the food!

Merry Christmas everyone! I have started to feed my Tegu in the bathroom and it has worked well but now he has stopped eating, or he eats only occasionally, but got a tip that he would eat almost every day so I do not know he might be measured? I throw in mass roaches in the tub but he did not eat them

Default Re: my tegu don't eat the food!

Switch his food put mice quail ground mwat

from Samsung Galaxy S3

possibly he wasn't hungry... my gu sometimes will go a day or 2 if he has had a big meal... try switching it up or mixing ground meat (beef or turkey or chicken whatev) with some egg (boiled or scrambled) and a bit of fruit. I like to also take a flavor injector and inject baby food into rats like mango or something like that and he gobbles them down and still gets the fruit he needs ...
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

Thank you. Merry Christmas to you also. When ours had a big meal the day before they don't want to eat much or not at all the next day. Just look at the stomach. If it looks full/plum then I would give him a bath. This will make most Tegus poop. At this point he might eat more then he would of before with a full stomach. If your Tegu is going to start shedding ( the nose kind of turns pink, the scales look darker and more dull ) then he will slow down in eating a bit, too.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Now it's been four days and he has not eaten anything! Hope he eats a bit tomorrow then

Have you tried to feed him some chicken baby food ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Trying everything! Today i bought a ''Exo-terra solar glo 125w professional series lamp'' and he seems to be more alert! do you think a 125w lamp is enough with UVA & UVB for a 86 inches wide terrarium?

It should be fine because he will bask underneath it. It should be positioned at least 12-14" away from the lizard and reach basking temps of 110-115 or so.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm with Laura. I'm glad you got him the bulb and that he is more alert now.

Our videos :

I changed my 125W bulb to a 160w! he was not really the heat he needed, so now I'll wait a week until it then maybe he eats better then he has not eaten for 5-6 days now!