Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Created geckos?

Default Created geckos?

I have a friend who is trying to sell me his baby crested geckos and their small critter keeper for $75. The babies have their tails, and each are 2.5 to 3" long. Is this a good deal or is he ripping me off?
    Thanks!

so theres 2???
    if so, then no that sounds about right... at least here in CA a crested gecko goes for about $45 each in a petstore...

Do they come with the enclosure, too ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

The enclosure will need to be upgraded as they grow and they possibly may need to be separated. It's market value.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I have a planted viv (29 gal tall aquarium) they will go in eventually, I'm going to acclimate them to the new environment in their current enclosure (the critter keeper) and then move them to the larger viv in a couple weeks.

Congrats on getting them. I hope we will get to see some photos .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Certainly
    There is just the cluster cuss of the university's AC being off, so they will come home with me for 2 weeks before I can take them to school and put them in their enclosure.

Awesome (about the geckos, not the a/c). I have a few cresties and really enjoy them!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I am buying two babies tomorrow. They are currently kept in a critter keeper, but I have a 29 gallon tall aquarium planted for after they get acclimated. However, I have a couple of issues.
    They, like my tegu, will be kept at the university. The only problem now is that the AC is off until 8/15, so they will be living at my house until then. After the 15th, I will take them to the university and acclimate them to the surroundings, then later to the planted viv. What would be the best way to reduce stress, since they will be moved three times? I was thinking about covering their critter keeper with paper as soon as I got them, then doing the same with their planted viv. Using this method, could I only move them twice? The paper would make their exhibit completely private, so in their perspective they'd only be moved from a papered box to a papered viv? Then I would slowly remove a side each week.
    Also, feel free to PM me any other info you think is important. I will be studying up on everything else in this forum, but any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

This is so cool that you get to take them to the University . I don't know anything about the Geckos. But the Tegu will adjust fast. They are very hardy.

Our videos :