Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great enclosure for sale. 8x3x3 custom built w/misting sytem, megaray light, etc...

Default Great enclosure for sale. 8x3x3 custom built w/misting sytem, megaray light, etc...

Wow, it's been a while since I've visited here! I sold my tegu several months ago and now have this huge (and expensive to build!) tegu enclosure in my basement waiting for new inhabitant(s). I built this myself, and have SEVERAL photos taken during the construction of it. Here are the essentials, though:

8x3x3 feet size, 2x4 pressure treated lumber frame, OSB sides and bottom, covered by laminated vinyl sheet flooring. GREAT solution for waterproof flooring (if properly caulked). I had an incident where I accidentally left the misting system on (for a couple days!), thankfully BEFORE my tegu was in the cage, and it filled up with over 90 gallons of water! What a mess! BUT, not one drop leaked on my basement floor.

Comes apart (top and bottom) for moving through doorways (you'll want to do this ONCE! Haha!). It's screwed together so a few screws will need to be removed and then screwed back together at it's new location.

I have GOOD (as in $250 in parts good) sliding LAMINATED glass (like your car windshield is made from) sliding doors on heavy duty ball bearing rollers. These will not cloud up (ever), they won't break easily, and in the extremely unlikely even that they did break (hit with a hammer or something...maybe would break them) they will spiderweb or worst case, break into a million little non-sharp pieces. EXPENSIVE glass doors. The only way to go, in my opinion.

I have plumbed in a misting system. It's pretty simple actually, but worked well for the years that I had the enclousure in use. I ran a regular hose to it from my home's water lines.

This has 3 bulb sockets installed, plus a 4 foot digital flourescent fixture. One of the bulb sockets is used for the megaray bulb, one is used for a 90 watt flood light (which is the only heat source needed, really), and one socket has a 60 watt ceramic heater in it (for night time, lights off). This system works out PERFECTLY for a warm and cool side for the cage. I put a large piece of porcelain tile under the flood lamp which provided a nice, even hot spot for the tegu, without risk of buring from a malfunctioning electric rock or heat tape.

I have a HUGE piece of driftwood in the cage, where my tegu would climb up on to get closer to the heat source if/when he wanted to. This is a big, STURDY piece of wood that's not going to move around, even with an active digger. I remember paying about $100 for it, after it was baked by the seller (who had to join two old ovens together to fit pieces of wood this size into it!). It's a nice piece of wood.

Anyway....obviously a lot of time (and of course $$$$) went into gathering the parts for the cage and putting it all together. I'm sure I've got close to a grand into it, not to mention PLENTY of hours or work.
    I understand the time is part of the hobby, and that taking a loss is part of the deal. So with that in mind, I would take $300 for everything, and not a nickel less (it can sit in my basement for the next 20 years as far as I'm concerned - I'd just like someone to get some use out of it and it's a really well constructed and thought out enclosure).

The new owner should have a means of transporting the halves home (this means a pickup truck, pretty much).

If interested, let me know. I took all the bartering fun out of it by posting my lowest price accepted...sorry for that!

Thanks in advance for your interest,

Warner

PS - I'm in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago (Elgin, specifically).

Here are a few pictures (I don't think I have any with the sliding glass doors installed, but you could imagine them, I bet!

pretzle 018.jpgAnk in Al's cage.jpgBottom half vinyld with misting system showing.jpgCage caulked 2.jpgCage caulked 3.jpg

Hi how are you,I would love to own that for my Extreme Giant B&W Tegu,right now hes in a 6-3-4 cage,so that would be plenty of room for him and his girl,Im a serious buyer I want it if you atill have it,laurengunther@yahoo.com,Thanks for your time,Juante

Default Tegu enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Hi how are you,I would love to own that for my Extreme Giant B&W Tegu,right now hes in a 6-3-4 cage,so that would be plenty of room for him and his girl,Im a serious buyer I want it if you atill have it,laurengunther@yahoo.com,Thanks for your time,Juante
    Juan, I do still have it. Send me a private message with your phone number and I'll do the same. It's a FANTASTIC enclosure, and one that I put a LOT of thought (and money) into when I built it. This thing will last forever. It weighs a LOT. You can also take the 8 foot table that I have underneath it, which is basically an 8 foot table that I cut the legs down on. If you wanted to make the cage "prettier" aesthetically, all you'd have to do it tack a few pieces of paneling on it.....I didn't much care about the looks too much as it was going in my basement. If I were going to have it in the main area of my house, I would have done this.

Warner

SOLD pending funds

Warner

Warner im coming to get it today call me after 3pm 708-534-3438or email me juantehardimon@yahoo.com,,,thursday 20th,2012 at 430am

Hi Warner. It's nice to see you back. Are you going to stop having a Tegu :( ?

Juan. Congrats on your new enclosure. Good luck with the move .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Warner im coming to get it today call me after 3pm 708-534-3438or email me juantehardimon@yahoo.com,,,thursday 20th,2012 at 430am
    Juan, today is not a good day unless you want to come late....like 8:30 pm. I will only be home for about a half hour from 4:30 to 5:00 and then I'm off to travel soccer practice with my daughter. I'm glad you contacted me again because I was about to re-list it for sale again. Give me a call or send me an email to arrange pickup. I want you to take it, but I need more than same-day notice.

Warner

Yeah Txrepgirl....no more Tegu. But he went back to the dealer that I bought him from, so I know he's in good hands and will be taken care of.

Warner

I'm glad to hear that he is in good hands . I wish you and your family the best. Take care.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Well, the enclosure is back up for sale! The buyer had some logistics issues with securing a vehicle to transport the enclosure back to his house.....so it's available again. It's a fantastic enclosure for the money....like I said I have almost $1,000 into building it.

Warner