Thread: New tegu, new enclosure with pics!!!!

Default New tegu, new enclosure with pics!!!!

Just got my extreme from bobby hill of varnyard, who is an excellent breeder btw. I opened him up in my bathroom and hung out with him for about an hour. he crawled on my sweat pants and walked around on my hands like bobby's handling video. i put him into his feeding bin with mushed up chicken parts for about 45 minutes. He didnt eat so i picked him up and put him in his terrarium. its been about 2 hours now and he is acclimating to his new place well. He seems to have investigated both hides but is still will stare at me. I have my computer along with the enclosure in my room so he can see me typing. I walked over to him and re ran into his hide. Also, i placed a t shirt I wore out yesterday in his hide as recommended. well anyways check out the pics and comment back with tips or just anything on your mind. thanks everybody
    jesus owned a tegu

now just more pics, can you only load 5 per message?

I use cinder blocks for mine too! love them!

Awww. Jango is so cute . I love the colors on the hatchlings. He seems very calm already. Nice enclosure. Is that a all in one light ( heat, UVA/UVB ) ? That piece of meat looks like a big piece of bubble gum lol. I like the humidifier. I have a hard time down loading some photos on here. I use photobucket. This way if something ever should happen to this forum ( a change in the server ) you wouldn't looke the photos ( that happened before ).
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

yes that is a zoomed powersun 100watt.
    and ya that is what a ninja 700watt food processor does to a chicken fyi.
    the reptifoggers look cool but i heard they break and they are crazy expensive. found a pvc L pipe 1 5/8 and appropriate tubing at home depot and made a similar humidifier for $23 bucks. the thick tubing was sort of expensive and humidifier was on clearance. ps check your inbox i just PMd you
    jesus owned a tegu

I know. I just replied to your pm . I'm glad you tried the Ninja first. Now I know it can get the job done .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl