Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas what this lump might be?

Default Any ideas what this lump might be?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and purchased my very first Tegu today - An Argentine B & W Tegu. I was advised it's roughly 7 weeks old.
    However, I'm a little concerned as I have noticed 2 lumps on it's back. It's walking completely fine and doesn't react when I touch the hard lumps, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

I've drawn a red line on the left of the lump, so you can see the size
    Last edited by KurtHoyle; 08-09-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Could this be a microchip anyone?

I would say due to its age, that it is most likely a deformity that formed while in the egg.

I've just been informed, that the recent Tegus imported from Argentina to the UK have had microchips fitted, it's something to do with proof they're CB and not WC apparently. It doesn't explain the little lump on my Tegus spine, but it's walking okand eating very well, and that's the main thing

i would say if you are really concerned a trip to the vets might be a good idea to put your mind at rest

You should be able to go to any pet place that scans microchips and see if it is in fact a tag.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

So, does anyone know how much it would be to get your tegu microchipped? And where would be the best place on the animal?
    It sounds like a great idea. I just wonder if I shoudn't wait til he is a little bigger.
    1.0 Columbian tegu
    0.0.4 Crested geckos
    1.0 Western hognose
    0.1 Leopard gecko

Yea its defiantly a micro chip, all 3 of my tegus have one, it's a UK import law that all reptile imports have to be chipped before entering the UK, don't worry it will soon disappear into its fat reserves, the other bump could be were the needle entered, I have heard stories of the skin splitting when there tagged to young.

Hi KurtHoyle. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your new Tegu. I never seen this before. Wow, I just learned something new. Thank you for sharing the photo with us.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by chriswizz View Post
    Yea its defiantly a micro chip, all 3 of my tegus have one, it's a UK import law that all reptile imports have to be chipped before entering the UK, don't worry it will soon disappear into its fat reserves, the other bump could be were the needle entered, I have heard stories of the skin splitting when there tagged to young.
    Thank's very much for this info Chriswizz. I heard the info regarding the chipping from someone over at RFUK, and now you've confirmed it, it's put my mind at rest. I was debating whether to return him/her or not initially, but it's sooooo friendly, I didn't want to.
    He/she just lays on you and goes to sleep, which is always a good thing