Thread: Gorging?

Default Gorging?

Hi!

Zak seems to feast on his stew (Turkey, ground beef, snails, night crawlers, caterpillars, gizzards) one day and show no interest the next.

Is this somewhat normal or reason for concern?

Thanks!

completely normal, especially if hes an adult.

Thanks, Charmr. I figured normal behavior, just needed confirmation from the more experienced. Zak is about 7 mo's. old I believe. I've had him just about a month and really think he's grown about 33%! He's an extremely tame Colombian. I promise to eventually post pics, but I'm pretty sure he looks much like the others on the site. Lol

Thanks again

Yes, this is normal. Tegus also slow down in eating and don't like to be handled to much when they are shedding. I don't want to be rude and tell you what to do, but I don't recommend feeding any wild animals/insects. You never know if they are sick or not and pass it on to your Tegu ( like parasites ). I would stick with the feeder animals bred just for pets.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thanks TX!

No offense taken. All the food items (with the exception of the ground turkey) were all purchased from a pet store, intended only for pet consumption.

I can't wait to feed again today. There's something so rewarding when animals get a big belly full of somethin' you prepared for them!

Thanks again!

You are very welcome . Thank you for not being offended. You are right. It is a great feeling to see the full bellies. I love it when they are full and stretch out to bask. They look so relaxed. How is Zak doing ? I'm glad to hear that the feeders were not from the wild.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl