Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MacGyver the baby Red Tegu

Another similar one. These are about a week old now so he is a little bigger now but still doing the same thing.

He just finished exploring for a while and is headed back to bask.

This is a good one I just shot today that shows him seeking attention while free roaming.

A few new updates:

Today he successfully climbed up the couch all by himself for the first time. He was under his basking lamp like usual, and then the next thing I knew he was on the couch next to me trying to snuggle up into my leg. I wish I had had my camera handy, but I'm sure he'll start doing it more.

I've been trying to get him to eat more fuzzies, but he really loves pinkies. Today he ignored the fuzzies I had laid out for him all day, so I decided to try some of the ground meats that I got from hare-today.com. I put out some ground pheasant meat/bones/organs near the fuzzies and he charged it and ate a ton. I left it out the rest of the day and he continued to eat. I'm going to try rabbit tomorrow I think.

See Ripkabird98. I told you the reds can be tame, too .

todeyius. This is so awesome. He is very lucky to have you . I love Rodentpro.com. I bought a chest freezer because all the food for our eight lizards didn't fit in our freezer anymore ( with our food ) lol. I haven't ordered anything yet from the other site you have mentioned. I use a meatgrinder for the Tegus food.
    If we wouldn't have any Tegus yet, I defently would want one now after seeing your videos . I can't wait to see some more of him.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: MacGyver the baby Red Tegu

Why do you use a meat grinder and should I get one

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Mac crawled into my pant leg to sleep last night to sleep. I didn't want to kick him out when I went to bed, so I took off the pants and let him keep them. This morning he is still hanging out in the pants while he wakes up completely.

I just shot this to show how calm he is even if we bother him while he is trying to sleep under something.

Lol, that is to funny . He is one awesome Tegu. I love him. He is going to make one heck of a great breeder one day ( if you are going to breed him ). Since he is so calm. I can't get enough of your videos . He reminds me so much of our Leonidas when he was little.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Mac's first time trying ground quail meat/bones/organs from hare-today.com. He eventually eats some after I made a deal with him.

I don't mean to be rude, but some of the language used at 1:24 isn't really acceptable for a video posted on this forum. Many kids come on here, myself being one of them. I am 14, and though I am not offended, many kids and parents would be. I can also imagine little kids may get on here, whether to look up "their daddies big lizard" or simply by accident. The language isn't really something should be posted. I have loved to follow all of the videos you have posted of Mac, and I don't mean to be intrusive, but this is a very nice familial forum that doesn't need cursing to be nice.