Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Bobby Hill ( scams )

Default About Bobby Hill ( scams )

Hi everyone. I thought I post a Thread about members having problems with Bobby Hill. I got scammed, too. I'm so very sorry for recommending Bobby ( Varnyard ) to so many members and then they got scammed. I never had a problem with him before. Our two All Americans came from him in 09. Everything went well.

If you are going to post your story PLEASE DO NOT post any rude comments ( like name calling ). We do have kids comming to this forum, too, and I would like to keep it clean. Thank you for your understanding. I wish you the best and I hope you will get your money back.

I do would like for you to know that PayPal does not handle cases that are over 45 days old. So when you made a Deposit over 45 days ago you will not get your money back. I also recommend not mentioning to PayPal that the Deposit was a Deposit because they DO NOT COVER Deposits. I found all this out when I tried to get my money back for a red Tegu that I ordered from him.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Is he not going to honor your deposit at all? Is he rolling them over to next year's clutches? This is really sad to me. :( Now that Agama and Sisco are out of the game he was the only original tegu breeder left.

Apparently there are already 2 BOI Bad Guy Reports on him :(
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=varnyard
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=varnyard

Edited: Wow, I just read through 7 pages of the original BOI post and can't believe how Bobby is handling it all. Sadly enough reputation and how you deal with the public is everything in this business, and he's failed. It's too bad, he was a mighty one among tegu breeders and owners. :(
    Last edited by lilwyhunter; 09-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    0.1 B&W Tegu (Remington Steel)
    1.0 Extreme Giant Tegu (Smallz)
    1.0 Blue Tegu (Shakespeare)

0.1 Red Tegu (Izma)
    0.0.1 Caiman Lizard (Bubba)
    0.1 Black Throat Monitor (Tanin)
    1.1 Emerald Tree Boas (Buddy & Ezzy)
    0.1 Lavender Albino Reticulated Python (Leelu)
    1.0 Granite Burmese Python (Reaper)
    --
    Too Many. Ball Pythons
    Too Many. Jungle Carpet Pythons

I was also lied to and scammed. If you have made any payments to Bobby Hill, and you do not already have the tegu you requested in your possession already, you have also been scammed.

I'll save everyone the full story, but many people that that he has cheated are now engaged in some combination of suing him, and filing complains with law enforcement.

Everyone that was scammed should immediately go open up a transaction dispute with PayPal, even if it has been more than 45 days.

Then:

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), funded in part by the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
    MacGyver's YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/todeyius

Quote Originally Posted by lilwyhunter View Post
    Is he not going to honor your deposit at all? Is he rolling them over to next year's clutches? This is really sad to me. :( Now that Agama and Sisco are out of the game he was the only original tegu breeder left.
    Some people Bobby is still just ignoring.
    Some people he is still lying to & says he has 600 tegus left to ship, and that he would get to theirs eventually.
    Some people have been offered something they did not order as a substitute, and are being forced to pay more money for it... but i doubt those shipments exist and will ever go out.
    Some people Bobby is just exploding on with racial slurs, and then hanging up.
    Some people have been told "the only way you are getting your money back is to sue me" ...and some people are!

Do not fall for any 'rollover until 2013' gimmicks. He will not still be in business for the 2013 season. He is INTENTIONALLY defrauding people.

For those that have been around here as long as I, perhaps you'll remember me warning you back when he first became a moderator on this site. Some people think Bobby has changed, but he really hasn't, his bad behaviour is just being amplified now. He has always been racist, egotistical, places the blames for any of his worries on anyone else but himself (lord, I remember a rant of his on mexicans...) and a bully. When he first became a moderator on this forum, I remember quickly pointing out how he wasn't moderating, he was bullying: if you worshipped Bobby, you were ok to post just about anything, but if you challenged him or placed him on a level of respect lower than adulation, he became vindictive and retaliatory. We're currently seeing this severely magnified. There are a few people claiming to have gotten their orders, and they're the ones that still worship and praise him, anyone that has complained or expressed concern are getting burned. Personally, I think this should be a lesson the whole herpetocultural community should take heed to: just because someone is a breeder does not make them knowledgeable, respectful, or gods. People put up with Bobby Hill's bad behaviour of lies, conjectured nonsense, character assassination and insults because they were blinded by their worship of him being a breeder, and now it's coming back to hurt a rather large part of our community. I was always aware that Bobby was a bit of a charlatan, but it wasn't until this week that I read an account from Ron St.Pierre that really even surprised me how far Bobby will spin his tales. Unfortunately, it appears Bobby's ego hasn't taken a big enough hit for him to realize how badly he's cutting his own throat right now. I highly recommend that anyone who still has to do business with him document EVERYTHING: save all emails & letters, make sure any outstanding contracts are clear, and if you phone or talk to him, record the conversation.
    Last edited by tupinambis; 09-11-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by tupinambis View Post
    For those that have been around here as long as I, perhaps you'll remember me warning you back when he first became a moderator on this site. Some people think Bobby has changed, but he really hasn't, his bad behaviour is just being amplified now. He has always been racist, egotistical, places the blames for any of his worries on anyone else but himself (lord, I remember a rant of his on mexicans...) and a bully. When he first became a moderator on this forum, I remember quickly pointing out how he wasn't moderating, he was bullying: if you worshipped Bobby, you were ok to post just about anything, but if you challenged him or placed him on a level of respect lower than adulation, he became vindictive and retaliatory. We're currently seeing this severely magnified. There are a few people claiming to have gotten their orders, and they're the ones that still worship and praise him, anyone that has complained or expressed concern are getting burned. Personally, I think this should be a lesson the whole herpetocultural community should take heed to: just because someone is a breeder does not make them knowledgeable, respectful, or gods. People put up with Bobby Hill's bad behaviour of lies, conjectured nonsense, character assassination and insults because they were blinded by their worship of him being a breeder, and now it's coming back to hurt a rather large part of our community. I was always aware that Bobby was a bit of a charlatan, but it wasn't until this week that I read an account from Ron St.Pierre that really even surprised me how far Bobby will spin his tales. Unfortunately, it appears Bobby's ego hasn't taken a big enough hit for him to realize how badly he's cutting his own throat right now. I highly recommend that anyone who still has to do business with him document EVERYTHING: save all emails & letters, make sure any outstanding contracts are clear, and if you phone or talk to him, record the conversation.
    This is truley sad that this is all going down... I agree with the above post record everything and keep notes...
    http://www.facebook.com/tegugurl
    http://http://tegusfromaroundtheworld.weebly.com/
    0.1.0 Red Tegu "Freyja"
    0.1.0 Argentine Black Nose Tegu "Mylnor"
    2.0.0 Chacoan Giant Tegu "Midgard & Murphy
    1.0.0 Chihuahua "Odie"

I just don't understand this situation. Such a terrible blow to an already fragile reptile community. :(

1)This thread is not about Rick, so let's keep it on track, please.

2)Anyone who answers this question who is NOT Rick is passing on third party information, aka gossip.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Thank you Laura .

Woohoo. I have some GREAT news. Even when PayPal told me about a week ago that they don't take desputes/claims from over 45 days ago or it's a deposit I still got my money ( the deposit ) back from PayPal. I guess they found out that Bobby scamed so many people that they reversed the payment. It didn't say I got a refund ( that money would of came from Bobby ). It sad reversed so it came from PayPal. They are awesome. I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with this any more.

If any of you payed with PayPal keep contacting them and tell them what Bobby did. You will get your money back, too . Good luck everyone. There is hope.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl