Hi! My name is Cate. I'm getting my male Argentine on Thursday so I figured I'd sign up for a forum to ask a few questions of my experienced people!

I've got a cage set aside for him for now but I know it won't last very long. There's a 8'x4' closet in my bedroom that has nothing in it which I'm very seriously considering for his enclosure when he gets bigger. All I would have to do is section off the front and hook up the lights inside. I've heard they're escape artists so any suggestions of how to keep it secure would be great. Or any ideas on how to set it up in general! I was thinking of using tiles for flooring. I wanna make sure it's ready ASAP so he can climb around all he wants. I set up a play pen outside for him so he can get some extra sun when it's warm, but cold weather is rapidly approaching. Which brings me to my next question!

Will all tegus hibernate? Mine is about six months old and his tail is regenerating. Should I work on fattening him up for the big sleep or will he remain awake? Will they remain completely immobile during hibernation or just slow down a lot?

I'll post a picture when he comes on Thursday. I'm so excited.