Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla thread

He looks great . He has some nice colors on him. I don't want to be rude or tell you what to do. But could you please do me a favor and move the cigarette ashes from his screen top. I'm worried that if he jumps against the screen the ashes could get into his enclosure. Thank you .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: Godzilla thread

Its ok yea I had just put the ash tray there real quick to caych the pic of him but I moved it after im still dealing wit th shed but I am amazed at how orange his neck and chest are

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Oh, OK. Thank you . Good luck with the shedding.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Thank u

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Your welcome .

Our videos :

I noticed Godzilla appetite is growing and he is more aggresive but maybe im wrong he has been trying to get out and also he runsvto my hand when I open the tank but I move my hand before he gets to hit because im not sure if he is going to bite also he is in a bad shed its like when he finishes his body shed he starts shedding again but im still having a hard time his humidity is 80% and I soak him every other day plus I put olive oil on him wat can I do i want this shed off please help and I dont want him to be aggresive also

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I wouldn't have his humidity to high. He can get a upper respiratory infection if it's to humid in there. I would have it at 70 %. Sometimes Tegus have shedding problems because of something else. It doesn't always have to be because of the humidity. Try to mix just a little bit of cod liver oil into the ground meat. Or give him some chicken/beef liver. It also would help if he eats some fruits and veggies. When you feed him do you feed him until he is full ? Maybe it would help if you feed him about one hour after he basked for a while to feed him. Sometimes if Tegus have to wait to long to be fed they could be a bit aggressive because they are very hungry. Next time you reach in there put a glove or your sleeve in the enclosure and see if he would bite. I don't like using oil on our Tegus because I don't think it works well. It's like if you put oil into a glass of water they don't mix together. The oil stays on top. So if you put the oil on the skin it just sits on top and doesn't get absorbed by the skin. I know it sounds strange. But I used the cherry flavor chap stick that people use for their lips on my Tegus when they had some shedding problems. I asked my Vet if it's OK to use it and he sad yes. I came up with it because in the winter time my hands crack up alot and dry out. Alot of lotions burned my hands. So I thought if I use the chapstick on my lips and it works great then it should work for my hands, too. Well it did. Since it doesn't burn my skin and it healed my hands very fast I put it on my Tegus ( I had them in a clean humid bin not in the enclosure with the mulch so the mulch wouldn't stick to them ). Within a week the shed came of nicely and the shedding problem was gone. I thought our Venus ( All American Tegu ) would loose a part of her tail after she came out of hibernation. She had some bad rings around her that cut into her tail. After using the chapstick the tail was saved . I'm sorry for making this so long.

Our videos :

I'm sorry I couldn't watch the video. As soon as I saw the live mouse I had to stop watching it. I have a weak stomach.

Our videos :

I had to feed him live because I ran out of food getting shipmenton monday

from Samsung Galaxy S3