Thread: compatability

Default compatability

hi folks, i have a 10 month old golden tegu. very happy in her enclosure, bit tricky to handle but ok once out and settled. i would like a mate for her, will she tolerate having a male in HER enclosure? i presume i can only put another golden tegu in with her? or would a blue/black and white b ok? thanks for your thoughts.

Welcome to the site .
    Keeping her with another tegu can go either way, it may or may not work out. They can be fine and get along for a while then problems can arise later so make sure you're willing and able to properly house and take care of two separately. Since few colombians or goldens are bred in captivity there's very little info on their specific requirements compared to other species. Other than that you have a lot of research to do but you picked a great place to start and get ready for when the time comes. As for what type of tegu to pair her with, so far it hasn't been proven whether or not they can successfully breed or produce offspring with other tegu species.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

bubblz put it very well. If you are going to get another one I would recommend getting one the same size and another Columbian Tegu ( gold or black/white ). I wouldn't put a Argentine Tegu in the enclosure with her ( in case he wants to breed with her ). The Argentines also get a bit bigger then the Columbians do.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl