Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Luck Strikes Again

Default Bad Luck Strikes Again

Hey guys, it seems that even nature itself has given me another reason to worry. Since I live in the Long Island area, power has been out for 3 days. The tegu's terrarium was sitting at 65 degrees, and decided to sleep through the hurricane. I think he was starting to hibernate, or brumate (don't really know the difference, sorry), but fortunately after 3 days my boyfriend's boss at Petco was kind enough to keep the tegu at her house. She even decided to take him to the store's vet, since the local ones here decided to shut down for a week. He still has his respiratory problem, and she told me that he is a little bloated. Although I am very thankful, I am now more worried than ever. I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I hope he's sturdy enough to handle all this stress I've been inadvertently placing on him.

Hoping for the best.

So sorry to hear. Maybe she can bump up the heat a bit to help out? Wishing you guys the best.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm so sorry you all have to go through this ( with the weather and the Tegu being sick ). Hopefully he will recover soon. Good luck with everything.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thanks everyone for your kind words Chief's definitely been getting better, and he's way more active! He still likes to sleep, but when he's up he lets everyone know lol. I bought some unflavored pedialyte so he can rehydrate faster. Made him some ground turkey mixed with kiwi bits and sprinkled some reptivite, and he basically inhaled it. Will post a pic of him w/ my boyfriend

Here he is chilling on my boyfriend's arm. The room looks like a bomb hit it right now lol but he's the priority!
    Attached Images Attached Images

He is very cute . I'm glad things are getting better now. Thank you for keeping us posted. He is very lucky to have you.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Glad to hear that your tegu is getting better. I'm worried for everybody hit by Sandy, especially their reptiles. I hope they get the power back on.
    1.0.0. English Budgie (Peanut)
    1.0.0. Red-Eared Slider (Rocky)
    1.0.0. Bearded Dragon (Gomek)
    www.youtube.com/SnakeEyes223

Thanks txrepgirl and boxturtle52 We're gradually getting power back (very few people in my town are without power right now) but I sincerely hope that Staten Island, East Rockaway, Cold Spring Harbor, and Long Beach recover as soon as possible. My hopes and prayers go out to the families that have to endure this, and their pets.

Wow, that is such a crazy mess up there. I hope everything goes well. Your tegu looks like a happy camper!!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Thanks laurarfl Never thought he'd be a silly little guy! His new thing to do is leap at people when they look at him in his cage, its so cute!