Thread: Has anyone heard of tegusforsale or formerly known as varnyard?

Angry Has anyone heard of tegusforsale or formerly known as varnyard?

Hi I live in Toronto Canada and about this time last year I started paying for the papers to bring in an extreme giant Tegu from Florida to Canada. The total cost of the papers was $1000. I did this through pay pal to the owner, named Bobby Hill. I have emails and receipts showing what I payed him what kind of Tegu I'm supposed to get as proof. Anyways, in June of this year he told me he's not sure when he can send it to me because his exporter has not gotten back to him and he might have to find me a new one and that it should all be ready and good by September or October the latest. For the past two months I haven not heard back from him, he does not get back to my emails and when I call his number 850 215-7308 it just rings and rings. I feel like I'm being scammed or maybe he messed up and now what's to avoid me all together. I'm in the whole about $1180 and have no Tegu! Does anyone know him or is familiar with his company? If yes please let me know what you think can be done?? I know it's supposed to be a reputable company/website.

only thing i can say is check out this link to this Thread about similar situations with bobby hill.
    you can probably find more info there
    good luck

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...5109#post85109

Yes, someone overseas just posted a conversation with USFWS. That message states Mr. Hill never applied for a CITES permit. You can also read more here:
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=1#post1535832
    People are advised to file an IC3 complaint for Internet fraud.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Hi networker. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I'm very sorry to hear that you were being scammed, too. I would recommend to do what Laurarfl advised you to do. I also would talk to PayPal and explain on what happened. Don't mention a Deposit if you gave him one. Because PayPal doesn't cover Deposits. They will tell you that they don't open a Case if it's older then 45 days. Don't give up. I had to deal with the same thing. I also would talk to your bank about it. Maybe they can get the money back for you from PayPal. Good luck with everything.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl