Thread: Heat supply for Roaches

Default Heat supply for Roaches

I have a Plastic Trash container
    and I was wondering what kinda of
    heating supply i could used in it.

Just stick an under tank heater (UTH) under it. Thats what I do for tanks, bins, etc..

Rick

Thx rick

Is their anything eles
    You can tell me about false
    Death Heads. That only a person
    who breed them could or should kno.
    Like the kind of food would be the best
    for them. Could I feed them that cricket
    food that you find in stores. ?? or should
    i used something eles. They wont been here
    untill a week so i got time.

Use two shallow bowls. These are for food. I use one for meats/grains/oats/etc and I use the other for fruits and veggies. (easier to clean.. keep in mind you can't just dump out the left over food waste. You need to sort through it for babies that hide in it.)

As far as feeding you can get by with high protein dog food, rolled oats (uncooked oatmeal), carrots, apple wedges, etc. What I do is I buy ground beef or turkey and day old bread. I then have my wife bake up some meatloaf with no spices, just meat and bread. I then let it cool and crumble it. I bag it and freeze it. I use what I need as I need it. I also feed fruits and oats with it, but the meatloaf is a great source of cheap protein.

Buy a glass beaker (a rodent water tube such as this one.. http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/...06615200010101 ) then remove the metal clip, rubber stopper, etc. so you just have a glass tube left. Take this glass tube and a cotton ball to the sink. Fill the water tube to the brim, wet the cotton ball, stick the cotton ball into the end of the tube gently to form a stopper. Try not to get any air bubble inside the tube. Now using a towel dry off the outside of the glass beaker. When laid on it's side it will not leak. The cotton will work as a wick, but will hold the water in the beaker. Keeping an open bowl of water in the roaches will allow them to drown, plus the water will get bad and smell. This is the best way to water roaches, crickets, etc. and much cheaper then buying water crystals. This is something I came out with years ago and it works great.

Rick

Thanks again Rick
    you just answer every
    question I could have ask.
    Just like always. Your the
    best m8

Duron.