Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tegu Any help appreciated

B&W, I don't see any extreme traits right now but post better pics after it sheds.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

hi, im no expert as i have only recently got my first tegu. yours looks very similiar to my golden tegu. these are much smaller than the others so this would explain her not being very big. razor(my tegu) is not interested in any fruit, she only eats meat. i mix all my food with cod liver oil, she loves it and she is in fantastic condition. she also isnt that keen on chasing the live bugs about. i know people say not to do it but i have fed her a few times by hand and she has definitely become tamer since. im sure if u give her plenty of care and attention u will b able to nurse her back to health.

It's a definite b&w not a golden
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Hi I just want to thank everyone for their input and help. She seems to be doing better with each bath and spray as she doesn't look as dirty or milky in color. In addition, she ate some ground turkey and hard boiled egg today, both with calcium powder sprinkled over. I add electrolytes to her drinking water and hopefully she'll continue to improve. Any more advice will definitely be welcomed and once again, thanks.

Hey just wanna update on my new gu's status. Here are some new pics. She's definitely grown a little, the base of her tail is much fatter now and her belly isn't as wrinkly. She's had her first shed and I'm trying to help get the rest of her tail shed off in this soak. Eating A LOT and always hungry. Can you guys better identify if she is giant or or just regular now? Also, saw some pics of a chacoan yearling, they look very similar.

She looks so much better! Good job with task! I'm sure with keeping the humidity up, the tail will come along. Does it have any sores along the tail? Maybe adding Neosporin will help. Sorry, can't help with you with the Chacoan ID thing.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm so sorry for not posting sooner. I can't believe I missed your Thread :( . She looks so much better. Keep up the great job. It's normal for the shed of the tail to come of later then from the rest of the body. Please do me a favor and do not pull on the shed ( if it's still stuck on there ). This can damage the skin underneath and she will have some shedding problems for a while on that spot. If you rub on it and it comes of very easy then that's fine. Does she have a black V shape under her chin ? I read and saw some extreme giants ( Chacoans ) that they have that mark. I could be wrong. But to me she looks like a regular black and white. The Chacoans I saw had were lighter in color and had more of a cream color to them.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I agree with the others its not a Golden Tegu. Loreal Scales Reveal all between Colombian and Argentinian Tegu's. Looking good. Any new pics of the Tegu lately?
    No day but today.

2.1.0 Doggies
    0.0.0 Tegu

i would say there is a good chance it is a chacoan

Nice job and good luck

Hi Safar-Dakota. Welcome back. Long time no see. Hope all is well.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl