Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unboxing new Tegu from OfftheArk reptiles

Default Unboxing new Tegu from OfftheArk reptiles

Hey guys, I ordered my first Tegu sunday night after finding my bearded dragon randomly dead. No idea as to why he would die so suddenly, anyway, I decided my next reptile was going to be a tegu. I know its late in the year so i wasn't expecting to find much but I found Off the ark on kingsnake and he had some 8 month old tegus so i got a male and he came today and here is his unboxing. I'll take some pics when i get home from work.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new gu. I hope you have a lock for the glass because they do learn how to open those doors.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

i don't, but thanks for the tip. I'll look into setting up a lock sometime this week. any suggestions? and thanks, im excited. i just got home from work in time to catch him burrowing into the mulch, set up some ground turkey and a couple pieces of strawberry on a plate in case hes hungry.

I wouldn't fee him in the Enclosure once he gets settled in. A few issues such as Impactions, cage aggression, and food associated can arise from it.

yeah i've read on that. my plan is to not really hold him until thursday when i can spend all day at home but to offer food, then after a couple days and hes more used to me start feeding outside so by next tuesday he should be eating outside of his cage.

OK

I made mine eat the in Tub from day one, never had an issue. I just wanted to make sure you knew about that.

Default Re: Unboxing new Tegu from OfftheArk reptiles

Congrats wish u the best

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

thanks. its crazy how smart they seem. he seemed to be studying me as i sat by his tank. he also ate some ground turkey for me which i ran under some water to bring it to room temp real quick. excited to work with him and see him grow

Awww. He is very cute . Congrats on your new pet. I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your Bearded Dragon. May he R.I.P. If you want to you, you can post something about him in the link below ( in memory of him ).

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?9199-Tegu-Heaven
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl