Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Tegu....Benji The Jumper

I think he looks good. I don't know why your Vet thinks that Benji looks over weight. Our Leonidas weighed 10lb when he was 40". My Vet didn't tell me that he was over weighed.

Leonidas 40" & 10lb photo SS852565_zpsdf013089.jpg
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

i think he looks good too...i was hanging with him today and i think hes getting ready do a little sprout so im gonna keep feeding him on his schedule...thanks txrepgirl..leonidas looks like hes almost posing like you should paint him like a french girl

Your welcome. Lol. You are to funny .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

little man all sacked out full of food....

photo.jpg

I love it when they look all relaxed . Make me want to join them ( taking a nap with them ). What a cute photo of him.

Our videos :

He looks great i think your vet is wrong that he is overweight.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Thank you yeah me too...I think my vet has more direct experience with actual monitors I dont think a lot of people in my area have tegus so he hasnt seen too many of them...so I think once I get Benj moved into his new quarters he will start to sprout even more so.

Feel or see any bbs, sperm plugs left around, hemipenes inverted yet when he poops? At 37" you should see more signs of it being male if it is. The second pic looks like a female to me.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

yeah I can feel the knob at the base of the tail

The one other thing that still keeps me pointed towards male more so is that hes not even a year old yet he'll be a yearling in july so from what ive been reading and been told by breeders is that the sexual maturity is different just like in humans. so he should start hitting that in the next few months and 18 to 24 months to start dropping plugs just kinda like what human bodies do everyone and thing is different. I think in extreme rarities it happens sooner than some. But like nature and life has taught me.....you never know. But ive seen females his size and he definitely has bigger jowls and his head is stockier Thanks bubblz