Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my tegu don't eat the food!

Is he shedding by any chance or starting to ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I do not know! It looks like the start coming soon, but he has not shed in a while! I talked to a guy at the pet store that is a little knowledgeable in reptiles, he said I did not have to worry at all! But I'll get my 160w bulb in a week then I hope he comes running really good!

I spray a lot of water on him, and he may be in the tub a few times a week just for him to shed better!

He licked little yellow egg today =) so nice

I'm sure the bulb will make a difference. It's good to hear that he ate at least something .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

when my weasley won't eat i thaw a rat and inject it (via flavor injector) with fruit he usually can't resist so maybe try a whole prey item or possibly he is feeling the need to go into brumation it is colder out now... maybe that is what is going on... if he looks like he is having issues with shedding get some vitamin e and rub it on him after a nice soak weasley has a horrible time shedding his tail and i do that and within 3 days he is shedding like a champ...
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

they have tested vitamin E on lizards? have heard that it may be harmful for some people maybe will run on olive oil instead? thank u

Olive Oil will not work. My Vet told me that the Olive Oil will not be absorbed by the skin. It's like mixing water and Olive Oil. The Oil stays on top. I have been using the cherry chap stick ( my Vet sad it's OK ). It works great on my cracked hands ( I wash them allot ) and on our lizards when they had some shedding problems. When I put the chap stick on them I keep them in a clean bin so that the mulch doesn't stick on them.

Our videos :

Default Re: my tegu don't eat the food!

Is there any liquid I can use to help I use olive oil but littl results

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I always use oliv oil on my Uromastyxes and it words fine so im gonna try it on my tegu. Ive heard that vaseline ane olive oil is the best for tegus.. It may not work 100% but it helps the lizard a little bit with his sheddingprob