Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Achilles

Default Update on Achilles

So its been a bit quiet because Achilles sleeps all the time and comes out when my husband is home during the day. So taming went a little backwards but we are working on it. But here is an update pic uploadfromtaptalk1356752208687.jpg

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Bearded Dragon (2001) Valcore
    Box Turtle (found 2006) Panzer
    Albino Cornsnake (2011) Dante
    White's Tree Frog (2012) Cake
    Tiger Legged Monkey Frog (2012) Unnamed
    Columbian Tegu (2012) Achilles
    Ball Python (2012) Poe

Basset Hounds Snickers (2000-2011 RIP), Leonidas (2009), Murphy (2010), Theodora (2011).

He looks good . What are the basking temps ? I'm surprised that he is sleeping allot. Because the Columbians don't burmate or hybernate like the Argentines do.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: Update on Achilles

His basking daytime has been a consistent 110, night time typically doesn't get under 80. He's been like this since I got him I just use to pull him out to feed him and as he got bigger it seemed to stress him more so we started to just wait till he comes out which is every 2 to 3 days sometime around 11-2, (one of our dogs let's us know when he's out because she starts crying at his cage) he started acting pretty aggressive and stressed with taking him out so we have been working on getting him adjusted to us being in his cage doing things around him and working on him being comfortable with us approaching him.

Ball Python (2012) Poe

Basset Hounds Snickers (2000-2011 RIP), Leonidas (2009), Murphy (2010), Theodora (2011).

The temps are good. If you want to you can go up to 115. Do you think that maybe your Tegu gets stressed out seeing your dog ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

He(achilles) actually doesn't respond to her at all and we get her to stop right away. But he acts like that whether or not she spots him first. She's not very crazy or loud about it.
    He's just always been shy. I will see what I can do about getting it turned up some.

Ball Python (2012) Poe

You can higher the basking spot by putting some slate or a log in there. If you do this please make sure he can't dig underneath the basking spot and get squished.

Our videos :

Currently I have a cement slab on top of a box type hide, he tends to dig under in the cool side of the enclosure and comes out to bask, then runs around a bit and back to being dug under. He's usually out for about an hour sometimes a little longer. I could throw another slab on top.

Ball Python (2012) Poe

I'm sorry. I don't remember if I asked you before on how you measure his basking temps or how what the temps are. Maybe it's to hot for him.

Our videos :

I have an accurate thermometer as well as an additional thermometer I double check on a weekly basis, the only thing is when he is out he spends the majority of his time on the hot side or under the baking light and not much time on the cooler side, or I would definitely think that.

Ball Python (2012) Poe

He's looking good, sounds like typical activity to me. It's that time of year so they do slow down and will hide or sleep for days at a time then pop up to eat or bask and repeat.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"