Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bearded dragons

Default bearded dragons

my bearded dragon just laid 20 eggs, most i had to throw away since they were bad. What do I do when the remaining ones hatch? Do I put them in something special? This is the first time any of my animals have had babies hahaha Oh, and how long til they hatch? people have told me but i can never remember :(
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Default Re: bearded dragons

Put them in a 20 gallon for a lil and watch seperate the weak from the strong becquse they cam stress each other out and make sure the eat enough because each baby cam eat 50 -100 crickets in a day

from Samsung Galaxy S3

you need to put the eggs in a incubator at 80 to 85 degs. they take about 2 months to hatch. eggs need to be in moist not wet vermiculite.put them in so there covered half way up the egg.then hope for the best. when they hatch you can treat them the same as adults meaning same set up and a little higher temp. good luck,

Congrats on the eggs. I'm sorry I can't help you on this one. I haven't bred any reptiles yet. But I do recommend putting the babies on paper towels or brown butcher paper ( you can get a big roll at Home Depot ) and not on sand. You don't want them to get impacted.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Yea I bred beardies before they sure cam move fast I have a hovabator I use u gor to check everyday to make sure temp amd humidity r on point and keep away from sunlight also

from Samsung Galaxy S3

yeah i got the hovabator, so far everything seems to running good *fingers crossed* i lost half the clutch already :/ they were terrible looking; the remaining ten look really good. I put all 20 eggs spread out in 4 i think they call them 'deli' cups? should i combine the good eggs together since the other ones are gone?
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

No u can leave em the way they are wat I did I even kept the bad eggs in the hovabator seperate and some hatched u will never know

from Samsung Galaxy S3

and the newspaper lining in the tank when they hatch is good? i really dont want to get this wrong :( i think my roommate's beardie is pregnant too :'(

Yea I used paper towels towels amd kept them damn , also beardies lay infertile eggs also if they dont mate

from Samsung Galaxy S3

do they regularly lay infertile eggs?