Thread: Tuna Treats

Default Tuna Treats

Loki goes insane for these dried tuna flake cat treats. He's heading towards hibernation so he's getting more than a bit lazy about getting treats lately.

I know hand feeding isn't generally recommended but after some early problems with him biting my fingers ever time I ate sushi I decided to try something different. I started handing him treats and food, being sure to alternate with petting and presenting my hands with no food. If he got grabby I'd stop and try again later. He quickly became really careful to check before he bites. I'm careful not to let my guard down with him, but he seems to be very gentle and less likely to bite on scent alone.

The dried tuna flakes and dried salmon chunks are his favorite. I also use them to get him to eat new foods as he'll try pretty much any food if I top it with fish flakes.

super cute. the only thing i can recommend is to give him the treats out of the tank because it looks like he is ingesting a bit of substrate when he picks it off the ground and it would be terrible for that to get impacted

Thanks!

I don't feed him in the cage very often, usually he eats off a plate on the couch. Was trying to lure him out (unsuccessfully) because he hadn't eaten too much in the last few days.
    Here is a more typical dinnertime