Thread: Minor shed problem, any better methods of getting completely rid of it?

Default Minor shed problem, any better methods of getting completely rid of it?

Hey guys, Chief has been doing pretty great since I've last posted. I just have a question concerning his shed. For some reason, every area except for the bottom of his claws have easily removable shed. I find it pretty difficult to even try to remove the shed when I bathe him, since he either flinches or tries to squirm out of my hand. Should I try to bathe him more often? Use a different liquid? I typically bathe him twice a week.

Hi Pyro. I'm glad to hear that Chief is doing great. I have always bathed our lizards just in regular tap water. If they are shedding I rubbed their toes/feet after they bathed for a while. This usually loosens the skin. If the old skin is still stuck on the new skin then I wouldn't pull on it.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Ditto what she said,.. I rub feet and toes after a bath as well during a shed to make sure it's removed or at least loosened up.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"