Thread: Rescue Rangers Iguana edition

Default Rescue Rangers Iguana edition

I rescued 2 igs from craigslist and thought i would post pics of what happens when someone gives 2 sweet igs no uvb , feed lettuce and apples and no supplements whatsoever and has no humidity or anything in their cage... 006 - Copy.jpg007.jpg008.jpg012.jpg013.jpg I named them albus and minerva. Albus looks a lot better than she does.. poor girl is super skinny and dehydrated suffering from several things and will be seeing a vet asap. They are the sweetest igs though both curl to you like a cat when you touch them and close their eyes just loving being loved and when you open the enclosure they come to greet you. They let me trim their nails with NO trouble today and are getting some basking and roaming time as i type. They look at everything with such curiosity it is the cutest thing! I think we may lose minervas tail she had what appeared to be dry gangrene which she knocked off in the bath last night (great tail loss on night one right?!) but it is all good nothing i haven't dealt with before she doesn't have a lot of feeling in her tail and she has several swollen toes. So far we are soaking and feeding a great diet of fresh greens and squash and some mango today they seem a lot happier and are super active. I will keep updating if anyone is interested as I love them already and want to share with people who know what is going on. Thanks for looking!
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

I don't understand why people let them get into that shape....I am glad you found them and can help them. By all means, keep us updated =)

i have a video of them as well on my youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDl61PIosv8 just so everyone can see how bad they are so when they are looking amazing we can all be like OOOOOH so pretty!
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins