Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Enclosure size ok?

Default This Enclosure size ok?

I'm getting it built

8x3x30 is this a good size?

8 foot cage in semi elite

If, by that, you mean 8 feet long, 3 feet long, and 30 inches high, then this depends. The 8 foot long is spot on. If you want the lights on the INSIDE, then you will need more than 30 inches. If you are putting the lights on the outside, then it may be OK. The thing is, they do like to burrow, so substrate that is relatively deep is preferable. The 3 feet wide is a little under what you really need. 4 feet is what you are really wanting to shoot for. You generally want it as wide as the lizard will be long. A Tegu will almost definitely get 4 feet. He doesn't want to have to curl when he sits that way. And turning around would be very hard for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    If, by that, you mean 8 feet long, 3 feet long, and 30 inches high, then this depends. The 8 foot long is spot on. If you want the lights on the INSIDE, then you will need more than 30 inches. If you are putting the lights on the outside, then it may be OK. The thing is, they do like to burrow, so substrate that is relatively deep is preferable. The 3 feet wide is a little under what you really need. 4 feet is what you are really wanting to shoot for. You generally want it as wide as the lizard will be long. A Tegu will almost definitely get 4 feet. He doesn't want to have to curl when he sits that way. And turning around would be very hard for them.
    let me reply back to him and see what he says...he was going to charge me 625 to build...he lives about 20 minutes from me...so i can go pick it up.

Default Re: This Enclosure size ok?

625 sounds like too much me but if u got spend it make the best for your tegu
    from Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by chitodadon View Post
    625 sounds like too much me but if u got spend it make the best for your tegu
    from Samsung Galaxy S3
    You have to remember any other place will sell it for 500 and charge 200-300 plus to ship to my home. Boamasters will charge me well over 200.

Default Re: This Enclosure size ok?

Yea u right man thats y I happy I got someone to help me build mine

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Now it's going to be

$750 for 8x4x4 semi elite

is this too much? this is local./

You can get along with the first size, depending on how deep your substrate is. No one can tell you how much is too much for an enclosure. It depends on what you have to spend and if you are willing to spend it.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Quote Originally Posted by laurarfl View Post
    You can get along with the first size, depending on how deep your substrate is. No one can tell you how much is too much for an enclosure. It depends on what you have to spend and if you are willing to spend it.
    lol this is true... so 8x3x30 is good?

so some tell me this is fine for a blue

http://boamaster.com/products/6ft-53-3.html

is this true? this is the min size!