Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Enclosure size ok?

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't budge rom the 8 foot length.

thanks!!!!!!!!

I'm about to go with animal plastics

96Lx30Dx18H $525

96x24x11.5<-----------482 with free shipping. Thoughts?

No. 2ft is too short for width and a foot for height???????? Stick with 7-8ft for an adult in length, 3ft in width, and 2.5-4ft for height. Minimum. No 2ft, no 18" height.

And you can't really size an enclosure without seeing the animal first. What if the blue is small? Then a 6ft cage may work. But chances are it is going to be over 3ft long and you will want to go longer.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

but i assume it will get bigger, since im getting a small one from the reptile expo in Feb. I just want to get something and be happy!

96Lx30Dx18H $525 i'm looking to get this.....

Still not big enough.

It seems you aren't really wanting to give the animals what it needs. You are constantly trying to go "just a little smaller". Maybe something a little different is better for you. You keep asking what the right size is, we tell you, then you suggest something smaller. We explain why to stick with the right size, you suggest something smaller.

7-8 feet LONG. AT LEAST 3 feet WIDE- 4 is really better though. AT LEAST 2.5 feet high- not 18 inches, not 2 feet, 2.5! 4 foot is really the BEST though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Still not big enough.

It seems you aren't really wanting to give the animals what it needs. You are constantly trying to go "just a little smaller". Maybe something a little different is better for you. You keep asking what the right size is, we tell you, then you suggest something smaller. We explain why to stick with the right size, you suggest something smaller.

7-8 feet LONG. AT LEAST 3 feet WIDE- 4 is really better though. AT LEAST 2.5 feet high- not 18 inches, not 2 feet, 2.5! 4 foot is really the BEST though.
    ok ok let me contact these folks and copy and paste what you just told me..so they can help me out..thanks! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Still not big enough.

So I told one person what you said and this is what he told me lol

I can build you any size you want its your money and up to you if you want them to determine how you spend it.I just told you our suggestion and why the rest is up to you.What they are talking about which if someone built it their self.But to buy one that size their suggesting is pricey and not needed in those sizes for many reasons. you have to understand about heating mass air temps not air temps with this species high cages for a ground dwelling reptile only results in problems in dry out and constant misting also in heating dead air space. They like deep mulch they can get under and specif temps and humidity. Also keep in mind ever persons housing needs are not the same. For example lets say mary lives in WI were its cold and joe lives in CA where its always warm one cage design and heating may be different between the both for those reasons see where im going.

In the end its your call and money i would be happy to sell you a extra large cage like that they tell you is needed but i know differently and are not that company to push un needed cages.

Another key part would be no screen top for heat lamps on a cage for them. As this is defeating the purpose of keeping a coldblooded reptile that requires humidity. Heat and humidity will be lost from those drying out cage very often making it non efficient.

Then I would tell him you want an 8x4x4.

His logic is flawed, and he obviously doesn't care about the welfare of Reptiles. His reasoning doesn't even make sense.