Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Enclosure size ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Then I would tell him you want an 8x4x4.

His logic is flawed, and he obviously doesn't care about the welfare of Reptiles. His reasoning doesn't even make sense.
    Thanks! Ill get him to join and see what's going on. I'm new to this..Ill just ask the breeder when i go the reptile expo in a couple of weeks. Im in no rush. Thanks

Any self respecting breeder will tell you the same thing.

I doubt this person you are talking about will even take in the info we try to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Any self respecting breeder will tell you the same thing.

I doubt this person you are talking about will even take in the info we try to share.
    lolol it's all good! thanks!

please don't put our convo online to be bashed any further without our ok you asked what we suggest and we told you based on 18 years experience and your asking on a forum what they suggest its now your discussion.
    thank you

i guess ill just go to another person..he seemed upset

last one

72 x24 x17.5

will this be ok for an adult?

Default Re: This Enclosure size ok?

No unless he free roamsb a lot I would say get a 84x36c36

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Look, I'm trying not to be rude, but I really can't help but get the impression of a troller.

We have replied SEVERAL TIMES, telling you what is OK for a Tegu. Posting a smaller size won't get a yes. Like I said before 8x4x4 is really the best. I can guarantee that a height less than 2 feet is a total NO GO.

We tell you this over and over, and you keep going a little smaller. Frankly, even 8x4x4 is small, because these are animals. It is just the smallest realistic size. They will use every inch you give them. Give them a 20x20x20 and they will USE THAT. So, 8x4x4 isn't even "big" for them, it's just doable.

8x4x4 is really all your going to be able to pull off, unless you Tegu proof your whole house and use your house, like another of our members currently does, and like I am doing when I feel my Tegu is large enough to protect himself from my cat/dog and not fit in my vent.

troller? why would i need to troll on a reptile forum? I'm new to this and want to be sure.

Thoughts? I found a local person to build one and these are his prices!
    6x3x3 $400 in melamine
    7x3x3 $450 in melamine
    8x3x3 $500 in melamine
    Below is what you need. It's a stronger cage and holds humidity better. The above cages( melamine) might not last with your reptile. This is why the semi elite is recommended.
    6x3x3 $550 in semi elite
    7x3x3 $600 in semi elite
    8x3x3 $650 in semi elite

Quote Originally Posted by Tragu View Post
    troller? why would i need to troll on a reptile forum? I'm new to this and want to be sure.

Thoughts? I found a local person to build one and these are his prices!
    6x3x3 $400 in melamine
    7x3x3 $450 in melamine
    8x3x3 $500 in melamine
    Below is what you need. It's a stronger cage and holds humidity better. The above cages( melamine) might not last with your reptile. This is why the semi elite is recommended.
    6x3x3 $550 in semi elite
    7x3x3 $600 in semi elite
    8x3x3 $650 in semi elite
    I think "troller" wasn't the word he wanted to use. i've been following this thread for the last couple of days now and all i can think of for a word that fits u respectably, is stubborn :P lol. im also new to the tegu community and will be building my own enclosure in a few months (my 4 month old tegu Jazz reached 2' already).

before i recommend anything and you counter it with a question on a diff enclosure, what can u pull off? have u measured where this enclosures going? id like to do 8x4x4 because its perfect and seems to work great but i cant! the room i dedicated to her is just not long enough. i sat down with my girlfriend and brainstormed on what we are going to do and how much room we are going to be losing. we ended up with the dimensions 7x3x3.5 .

my recomondation to you rite now, as u wont need the enclosure for a bit, is actualy pick up a measuring tape, a pencil, a straight edged object, and a piece of paper and get creative. start drawing what you picture as the enclosure ud like for your tegu with the maximum amount of footage you can offer. whats going to work best for you and will be ideal for your pet in the same time....

take a step back rite. get a nice firm grip on where the tanks going and the largest dimensions u can put there and ask urself if this will work. also, have fun while doing it man, something like this shouldnt be stressful. im actualy anxious about my build because i want whats best for my Jazz i cant wait untill she's in her mansion

keep us posted once you got your own hard dimensions of what you could do!

No, I meant Troller.

People do "need to troll". That is a contradiction. Trolling doesn't make sense, it is just an immature pasttime.

Again. 8x4x4. Largest I saw was 8x3x3. The 3 feet high is probably ok, but stick with 4 feet wide.

You are either a troller, think you know more than us, or simply don't care about your Animal. I don't really care which, they all are frowned upon.