Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This Enclosure size ok?

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    I think "troller" wasn't the word he wanted to use. i've been following this thread for the last couple of days now and all i can think of for a word that fits u respectably, is stubborn :P lol. im also new to the tegu community and will be building my own enclosure in a few months (my 4 month old tegu Jazz reached 2' already).

before i recommend anything and you counter it with a question on a diff enclosure, what can u pull off? have u measured where this enclosures going? id like to do 8x4x4 because its perfect and seems to work great but i cant! the room i dedicated to her is just not long enough. i sat down with my girlfriend and brainstormed on what we are going to do and how much room we are going to be losing. we ended up with the dimensions 7x3x3.5 .

my recomondation to you rite now, as u wont need the enclosure for a bit, is actualy pick up a measuring tape, a pencil, a straight edged object, and a piece of paper and get creative. start drawing what you picture as the enclosure ud like for your tegu with the maximum amount of footage you can offer. whats going to work best for you and will be ideal for your pet in the same time....

take a step back rite. get a nice firm grip on where the tanks going and the largest dimensions u can put there and ask urself if this will work. also, have fun while doing it man, something like this shouldnt be stressful. im actualy anxious about my build because i want whats best for my Jazz i cant wait untill she's in her mansion

keep us posted once you got your own hard dimensions of what you could do!
    thanks!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    No, I meant Troller.

People do "need to troll". That is a contradiction. Trolling doesn't make sense, it is just an immature pasttime.

Again. 8x4x4. Largest I saw was 8x3x3. The 3 feet high is probably ok, but stick with 4 feet wide.

You are either a troller, think you know more than us, or simply don't care about your Animal. I don't really care which, they all are frowned upon.
    God bless you! And thanks. You can always skip my thread! Lol

PS: There are ALOT of comments on this forum that i found very helpful and i think you should just stop and listen to what people have to say. also, understand where there comming from. Everyone trying to help u own, or have owned, large tegu's and have been thru what ur going thru. stop questioning knowledgable folk with something a carpenter said. yea, he's built cages for years but has he actualy owned a healthy tegus in a 2 feet deep cage? he just wants your $$$.

I hope u settle on some good dimentions for ur tegu, and once u find them dimensions, find someone to build just that. dont buy an enclosure with dimension's they offer you....you tell them what you need and if they cant meet your requirments, they dont meet your cash

on a different note, it would be super cool if there was a "like" button on these forums/threads/comments

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    PS: There are ALOT of comments on this forum that i found very helpful and i think you should just stop and listen to what people have to say. also, understand where there comming from. Everyone trying to help u own, or have owned, large tegu's and have been thru what ur going thru. stop questioning knowledgable folk with something a carpenter said. yea, he's built cages for years but has he actualy owned a healthy tegus in a 2 feet deep cage? he just wants your $$$.

I hope u settle on some good dimentions for ur tegu, and once u find them dimensions, find someone to build just that. dont buy an enclosure with dimension's they offer you....you tell them what you need and if they cant meet your requirments, they dont meet your cash

on a different note, it would be super cool if there was a "like" button on these forums/threads/comments
    Thanks for your kind words

Also want to add that building it out of something else might be cheaper. Melamine is extremely heavy and if the interior gets wet it swells and falls apart. Also it is extremely heavy. Sanding and painting some other plywood would give you a stronger cage. Also it is less expensive per sheet.

Melamine = Tons of Sawdust + tons of Glue

I hate it personally.