Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infrared heat lamp question.

Thanks for doing the research ! That is very interesting..... Now im worried though :( I hope he didn't get hurt..

1 more question can u set up a CHE on top of a screen just like you can do a light or do u have to mount it inside some how ? I have a Petco thermometer (getting a digital one tomorrow) and without heat on it says its about 75 to 80 degrees inside the tank

Default Re: Infrared heat lamp question.

Set ot on top and also get a mvb powersun bulb

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Well I think I may stick with the reptisun because I already got a fixture and everything from Home Depot and had my buddy put it together. So can I just use the reptisun, and basking bulb during the day and CHE at night ?

Or maybe I should trade in my reptisun for the Powersun and just use that during the day and turn it off at night and use a CHE? Powersun covers all my UVA and UVB needs right ?

Default Re: Infrared heat lamp question.

Yea powersun covers all and also u dont need night heat if temps dont go below 65

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Sweet, thanks so much for answering my questions !

If you do use a CHE, be careful because they get super! hot. Also I have built boxes out of extruded foam to cover the lamp shade so that most of the heat is used in heating the enclosure and not the whole room. The extruded foam is that stuff at Home Depot that is usually pink or blue. I try to insulate all my enclosures.