Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pascal is dead ):

Unhappy Pascal is dead ):

Today I came home from school to find my adult rainbow boa, pascal dead! I took him out of the cage and noticed he was bleeding out of the mouth and thought it had to do with something that happened inside of him that I was unaware of. He has been very active since about three days ago and started shedding very frequently lately. His sheds have been normal and I assumed so was his activity that suddenly spurred. Does anybody have any idea or thought as to what might have happened? I've done research and I can't seem to find anything that fits his description. His death was very sudden and very unexpected. Any thoughts and input would be appreciated. I just would like to know what went wrong and what I could have done to prevent it. Pascal was a very very dearly loved pet and I still am in shock over what happened and that's he is actually gone. Thank you for any help you have to offer.

Default Re: Pascal is dead ):

My condolences

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May Pascal R.I.P. I know how heart breaking this is. The same thing happened to our female powder blue/red hybrid Tegu ( Schatzi ). Did you use any mulch in his enclosure ? Did you feed him inside of his enclosure ? If yes, did you check his mouth to see if there is a piece of wood chip in his mouth ? The reason why I'm asking these questions is because when I saw some dried blood in Schatzi's mouth I also found a piece of mulch in there ( we didn't feed her inside the enclosure ). We think that the mulch poked her gum and it got infected and it got into the blood stream. She was fine the day before. I know you are going through a very heart breaking time right now. But if you want to you can post a memorial in the link below. May God give you comfort to your mind and healing to your heart.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?9199-Tegu-Heaven

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I never fed him in the cage and he only had jungle mix in his enclosure... So I don't know... And it is very heabreaking he was my most beloved snake and the only one I had left. I miss him a lot.

It's very hard to tell what went wrong. I'm sorry I can't help you. Even if he is in a good place right now and you can't see him, he still is with you ( in your heart and memories ). Please feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you so much for your support and thoughts. It really means a lot toe to know i have people there for me. I just wish i cpuld have known where i went wrong amf if i could have done anything tp help him

Default Re: Pascal is dead ):

If blood was coming out of his mouth then I'm wondering if he was impacted. How long had you had him? If short time ago, where did you get him? When was the last time he ate? What was it? What was his enclosure like? Temps, humidity, how old was he?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I have had him for a little over a year. I go him from billy Albright for Christmas and I am not sure we're billy got him or if he produced him himself. I'm not 100% sure his age but he was about 5 1/2 feet and I know a young adult. He lived in a pretty large cage that had jungle mix for substrate. He had a basking light for his heat lamp that ran about 17 hours of the day. His cage stayed at a steady 90 to 95 tempature and I misted him 3 times a day with a weekly soaking before his rat. He was fed about a week before he died. He also had his last shed about 2 days before I fed him. He was a Brazilian rainbow boa.