Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrets, Rabbits, and Guinea Pigs oh my! (picture heavy)

Default Ferrets, Rabbits, and Guinea Pigs oh my! (picture heavy)

It's been quite a while since I've been in, I don't have too many new pictures of my Gu's but I have plenty of pictures of the furrier members of my family:

First up we have Ravage (darker boy), Rumble (gray boy), and Frenzy (white girl)-- the business of ferrets, they're about 3 months old in these pictures and they're about 6 months now.

Then we have Nimbus (gray/white boy) and Shredder (brown/white boy) Rabbits, and "bunnyopolis". Nimbus is about 2.5 years old, and Shredder is now 6 months old. As a bonus we have a picture of Shredder at 4 weeks old with my two dogs Apex and Aria.

Lastly, I have a couple Halloween pictures and a picture of their 2 story c&c cage of my guinea pigs Bass (black/dark brown boy) and Guinness (brown/white boy). They're both about 2 years old.

That's all the pictures I had on hand, I hope you enjoy!

I have two ferrets, Cookie and Forrest. Both are silver females. And I have an Aussie...looks like you do as well.

I love my ferrets as much as tegus. They are so hilarious.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Ferrets are such a blast! I find a lot of my socks in their ferret hidey hole, and if I can't find my keys it's the first place I look-- ever have them hide anything in your shoes?

I have a border collie/shepherd mix and an aussie/husky mix, both pound puppies. I love my zoo

They don't hide things in my shoes, but they have tried to steal the whole shoe! One is adrenal and has lost all her hair. My daughter rescued her and another from a really bad home. The other had bad insulinoma and was put to sleep right before Christmas. Anyway, Forrest the adrenal one has a rubber Wii control cover that she carries around and hides. It is her lovey and she goes nuts if she can't find it!

Cookie is a baby that I bought right before Christmas. She is the great thief. She has snatched Ramen noodles from the pantry, potatoes, peppermints, candles. I bought a new DVD for Christmas and she has hidden it. I still can't find it. It is brand new and still wrapped. But she is also the smuggler and she lays around with the dogs which is too cute. So allis forgiven.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

Poor baby, have you looked into deslorelin to help treat Forrest? I have mine on an implant (they also have shots) to prevent adrenal but it can also be used to help treat them. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, ): ferrets are such great creatures but they are extremely susceptible to lots of illness.

Luckily I haven't had them break into the pantry yet, they do terrorize the dogs though, my girl is used to the rabbits who just like to lay with her, but the ferrets often try to attack her paws and her nose so she usually runs and hides from them instead of trying to mother them.

Do me a favor...

PLEASE STOP TEASING ME WITH THIS CUTENESS!!!!

I LLOOVVEEE Ferrets! I have wanted one, but I've heard too much bad things. I may have had a change of heart

How hard are they to care for, really?

Default Re: Ferrets, Rabbits, and Guinea Pigs oh my! (picture heavy)

I want a pair also

from Samsung Galaxy S3

They are into everything, so they need to be watched! They can get stinky if the cage isn't cleaned regularly. Mine are paper-trained with about 80% accuracy.

Kitty, my vet doesn't care for the implants. Right now Forrest is getting Lupron injections every 6wks. He calls ferrets "living petri dishes" because they have so many illnesses, especially Marshall ferrets.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs

I like the whole gets in to everything actually (i'm weird).

If they are cleaned every day how bad are they?

Honestly, if you are decide to get ferrets get more than 1, they're so interactive it's best if they have a friend-- otherwise they'll terrorize you 10x more than they would if they have a friend. Mine are litter trained, so I just scoop the litter in the morning and in the night, if their litter box isn't clean they'll find a clean corner /: very fun.

When we say they get into everything, we mean EVERYTHING I've found them in couches, in cabinets, and if they're females they can easily fit underneath doors, if the head fits so will the body! (mostly at least)

Their playfulness is between kittens and puppies, incredibly fun, if you can handle letting them run around for a few hours every day and making sure you keep their litter clean I'd say go for it.

Laura, all 3 of mine are Marshall ferrets, so I'm taking every precaution to keep them healthy-- feeding raw for the most balanced natural diet (since I have tegus it's really not that much more upkeep), getting the deslorelin implants, and I decided to get a trio since my last pair, when one of the girls died her sister passed away soon after, she was perfectly healthy then her health rapidly declined immediately after her sister passed-- granted they were 8 when they passed so they both had nice long lives (they were Marshall ferrets as well).