Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrets, Rabbits, and Guinea Pigs oh my! (picture heavy)

I'm home 12 hours a day except on Tues. and Thurs. when Im home 9 hours.

Maybe make a cage in the office, never close it, and let them run around my house. Spend like 3 days and $150 on PVC pipe to cover wires, plates for vents, etc, etc. Buy them a cat tree too, lol.

Default Re: Ferrets, Rabbits, and Guinea Pigs oh my! (picture heavy)

Si y peoplesay its hard to have then I can deal wit the running and poop I have a catvand tegu olus 3 kids

from Samsung Galaxy S3

They do sleep about 18 hours every day but plenty of people let them free roam (or have a ferret room), I even know a lady that lets them sleep with her! They love PVC pipe, they use the larger ones frequently as tunnels, you can also buy dryer vents (clear ones would be ideal).

So long as the cat, tegus, and kids can get along, I would say a pair would be great. I've had my ferrets play great with cats before, although they did gang up on the poor cat.

Well. One cat is blind, the other has a paralyzed right front leg, from when he was thrown out of a car on a highway. He is from the pound, the other was already blind when we got her, so neither of them are a problem.

I'm 15, no siblings, kids check out.

Tegus.... that is to be determined, haha. Loki is still WAY too young to tell.

I can't decide though. Would I rather free roam my Ferrets or my Tegu?

I don't free roam my ferrets, but they come out for a couple of hours every day. And they have a huge cage. They have all sorts of toys to play with, the dryer vent tube is a favorite, as are paper bags, and pretty much anything on the floor. I do recommend getting them in pairs for company. They are like twins with their own ferret speak and ferret games, lol.

My cat blinded my ferret in one eye, so they don't play together. Forrest is also deaf and doesn't really respond to social cues from other animals. She has no fear and just went up to the cat. We always keep them separated, but the ferret had gotten into my bedroom and went up to the cat. The cat just smacked her on the head and the claw happened to lacerate the eye just right. So Forrest is my deaf, bald, skinny ferret who is blind in one eye. :/ But she is my super sweetie who always give my little ferret kisses and runs everywhere at full speed (Run Forrest Run lol).

I don't feed a raw diet, mostly because both of mine are so darn picky. But I do feed them the highest quality grain free diet I can find for them: Zupreem, Evo, Wysong raw cold-pressed. And I'm going to start cookie on yearly Lupron injections to try and keep the adrenal issues at bay. I also keep them where I can regulate their light cycles a bit and they can stay darker.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Im looking to adopt two of them now my wife likes em

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Watch to see what they were fed in past. Ferrets fed a grain diet are far more likely to develop chronic issues like insulinoma (low blood sugar) and adrenal disease. Adrenal disease is more likely linked to incorrect photoperiod and early spaying though. Not much we can do about early spaying in the US.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Thanks

from Samsung Galaxy S3