Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my tegu.. B&W or Chacoan?

I dont care if hes a b&w or chacoan but when im calling him a regualr b&w and others are saying he may not be kinda bugs me. I love my little guy no matter what..

That's because most people in this hobby think they know, and they really don't. Through misrepresentation, skewed perceptions and lack of understanding, it has unfortunately devolved in the tegu hobby to the point where "blues", "extremes", "chacoans" have come to mean "something special therefore pay more" and "black & white" has come to mean "mutt/garbage" and therefore not as valuable.

I guess.. i paid $150 for my little guy sold to me as Argentine black and white tegu.. i think thats a good price. first time owning an Argentine. I love him no matter what he is. i just would like to know for sure.i sent some photos to a breeders. ill see what he thinks if hes not too busy to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by chitodadon View Post
    Did u get him from the same breeder as Godzilla

from Samsung Galaxy S3
    I think his name was JR.

heck even columbians are put down quite a bit through misrepresentation and lack of understanding and they are really cheap therefore getting into the wrong hands and getting an even worse rep...never had an issue with mine...

He's a gorgeous tegu. I think you got a great deal and will be happy with the way he turns out!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

He looks like an extreme giant/chacoan but you can call him what you want he has that rusty brown color and more white than normal that's what they normally look like but hey he is what you want

image.jpgimage.jpg

I've been told my Calypso isn't a full b&w either haha I got her from Billy Albright in charleston