Thread: Loki going nuts in his cage

Default Loki going nuts in his cage

Lol my tegu is crazy like this too, love his setup. cant wait to be able to put plants in my teggys tank. Hes almost out growing his 55 gal so he will need a bigger one soon with a top that he wont be able to squeeze out and escape. i had plants in there before and he just jumped onto leaves that i had and pulled himself out

Oh I see. The old cage integrity test routine then back to basking. Love it! Classic

Haahaa - yeah the cage is getting very thorough testing this week.

My husband sent me this at work yesterday.
    http://i.imgur.com/G0BKvJ8.jpeg

BTW I don't want to make anyone overly optimistic about plants. I love planted enclosures but the best I've managed is a few weeks. I put the vines in about an hour before the video so Loki the herbicidal maniac had not gotten to them yet.

I have a tegu named Loki as well. I want to put some plants in his enclosure, but he does the same thing your Loki does. He jumps around the enclosure, digs everything up, and since he hates water, he loves flipping his water bowl over. I'm hoping when I get his harness soon, I can take him outside more often and let him spend his energy exploring.

WOW! his coloration is amazing. Absolutely beautiful Gu!
    Mushu!

lol as i was watching this one of my tegus started going nuts like that
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters