Thread: 3' high or 4'high 4'x8' enclosure?

Default 3' high or 4'high 4'x8' enclosure?

Building a 4'x8' enclosure and wondering if a grown Colombian Tegu would even use the extra height. I would like to make it 3' high so that I can place items on top of the cage. Wondering is it really worth it to make it 4' high? I plan on a 10" deep bed which will leave me with plenty of space for lights.

Do not have the tegu yet, just gathering materials for the cage.

You could totally use that! Make platforms and such! Use it for a hotter basking area, a place to sit, a hut to hid, plants, etc.

Yeah the thread should be deleted. I just read something that made me realize that they love to dig, so a deeper substrate would be better. The impression I had earlier was that they just needed to hide. But if they are diggers, then a deeper substrate is totally needed. 4' high it is then. Also means a bit less cutting of the plywood.

No, the thread shouldn't be deleted. It can stay up so other people can see it and learn if they have the same question. A lot of people come here regularly, but don't even have an account.

avel. Since this is your Thread and if you still want to delet it let me know. I'll do it for you. But Ripkabird98 does have a very good point.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

He does have an excellent point, never mind about deleting it.

Ok. Thank you for letting me know .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl