Thread: Rojo, the red tegu rescue

Default Rojo, the red tegu rescue

Greetings!

I really want to thank the founder of this forum for the tegu care sheet he authored and for creating this forum. It has already been a wealth of amazing information for me. Last Sunday our family adopted our first red tegu. I was told his/her age was about a year old, but from some of the pictures I have seen posted here, I think ours might be a bit younger. We have several other reptiles and our new baby is fitting in well. My 10 year old son is thrilled and named the tegu Rojo, Spanish for the color red. Rojo is expected to lose the end of his tail soon due to a retained shed. :( I am hoping all will go well and it will just be a minor issue. Here is a picture of the enclosure and of our new family member. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and picking your brains for information, lol!

Rojo enclosure.jpg
    Rojo sleeps.jpg

Default Re: Rojo, the red tegu rescue

Congrats and it looks like he has a regenerated tail already

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by chitodadon View Post
    Congrats and it looks like he has a regenerated tail already

from Samsung Galaxy S3
    Really? They told me he/she was going to lose it soon. I've never had a lizard lose a tail so I'm no expert. It would be awesome if it were already regenerated, poor thing has already been through enough.

Default Re: Rojo, the red tegu rescue

If u know watbu doing then u r ok justbgive the best live and care u can

from Samsung Galaxy S3

congrats is that a vision cage? they are awsome

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoker12 View Post
    congrats is that a vision cage? they are awsome
    Thank you, and yes, it is a Vision cage. Since our tegu is a rescue, we weren't prepared with a cage beforehand. Luckily, LLL Reptile knows us well and offered us a used Vision for purchase. The poor tegu slept in the bathroom with a space heater and humidifier on the counter the first night! However, he/she is settling in nicely now.