Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jazz ate her first live mouse!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    I can handle it just fine. As someone who wants to go into Zoology I know it's just part of life. BUT, it is unneeded pain and suffering. I also watch because it give unique insight in the variety of Hunting Techniques in Reptiles, which, fascinates me. That doesn't mean I like the pain. I have to watch it to watch the hunting tactics though.

There are many reptiles that are fine, yes. There are many that are severely injured, even disabled. Many are now dead.

As far as eating it in the wild, yes they do. Not all of them survive. Chimps also pluck all the feathers off birds then toss them to the ground to watch them flop around. I'm sure you don't think that's cool. What I'm saying is, they do that in the wild because they HAVE TO, not because they WANT TO. Some of them die, an many mistake that since they do it in the wild it must be safe. Not true.
    you know, as much as u upset me in your first post, about losing all respect for me and whatnot (becuase of my video i assume), i respect everything u just stated in ur recent post! You obviously are very inline with animals and what they do. you seem very intellegent as well, So why did u "lose all respect for me" when you knew what would happen? im a very open minded person and listen to everyones problems, and answers! i've learned alot on this forum so far and enjoy being on it. it just baffles me as to how i lost an individuals respect because i went against there beliefs and fed live. im ok with losing your respect, thats fine. im just curious as to why...

i dont know why chimps do that, and dont think they need to lol. they mite just find it interesting or amusing (as evil as that sounds)

also, sounds like ur love for the wild is a love/hate relationship lol.

I really have no idea why chimps pluck off bird's feathers lol.

Someone who is willing to put an animal through unneeded suffering, and on top of that, risk the life/well being of their pet isn't someone that I can respect. You wouldn't respect someone who let their Toddler handle an adult python alone would you? He MIGHT be ok, sure. He might get killed/eaten.

The fact there is a safer option for your Tegu that causes less suffering for the prey item, and you don't use it is horrible to me.

OK Ripkabird98. I don't mind if members here on the forum say what they feel ( to a point ). I don't want to be rude but I think you gone a bit to far. It's OK for you to let subiedude09 know that you don't agree with the live feeding. But you pointed out some things that has nothing to do with the video. I was a bit upset about something you sad in a post that I had to delet the sentence. I know I'm a wimp when it comes to graphic stuff and what you sad about the monkey turned my stomach. There is no reason for things to get heated up like this.

I'm sure that I ( or you and some other members ) do somethings that some people don't agree with. This doesn't mean things have to get nasty. I'm sorry for being so harsh.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I'm sorry about that. I was just trying to answer the questions he was asking. I didn't even think it was getting heated, lol. I'm not mad, if I got mad whenever someone had a different opinion on Reptile keeping I would never be happy . I was just trying to explain I'm not someone screaming it's wrong, and then not being able to explain why. I know a lot of people who yell it's awful, but when asked why, can't answer. I didn't want to seem like that, I at least wanted to share my angle, the reasoning behind my opinion.

Maybe I'M wrong, who knows. What ever I said that wasn't directly in reference to the video I only used as an Analogy to explain my point.

I'm sorry to anyone I offended.

P.S. Since you are a dear friend of mine, it seems kind of weird (I'm odd I know) to use my screen name. You can use my real one, lol. I don't mind :p

I really have no idea why chimps pluck off bird's feathers lol.

Someone who is willing to put an animal through unneeded suffering, and on top of that, risk the life/well being of their pet isn't someone that I can respect. You wouldn't respect someone who let their Toddler handle an adult python alone would you? He MIGHT be ok, sure. He might get killed/eaten.

The fact there is a safer option for your Tegu that causes less suffering for the prey item, and you don't use it is horrible to me.
    ok, i can live with that explanation. makes sense. your a super animal lover and thats respectable . but we have our differences and i dont feel that feeding live is evil or harsh or wrong.

we will just leave this where it stands and i guess u will stay having no respect for me. life goes on

I'm sorry about that. I was just trying to answer the questions he was asking. I didn't even think it was getting heated, lol. I'm not mad, if I got mad whenever someone had a different opinion on Reptile keeping I would never be happy . I was just trying to explain I'm not someone screaming it's wrong, and then not being able to explain why. I know a lot of people who yell it's awful, but when asked why, can't answer. I didn't want to seem like that, I at least wanted to share my angle, the reasoning behind my opinion.

Maybe I'M wrong, who knows. What ever I said that wasn't directly in reference to the video I only used as an Analogy to explain my point.

I'm sorry to anyone I offended.

P.S. Since you are a dear friend of mine, it seems kind of weird (I'm odd I know) to use my screen name. You can use my real one, lol. I don't mind :p
    ^^^^^^^^^^thats respect^^^^^^^^^^

and i wouldnt use any words different.

Thank you Dillon for your apology. The only thing that upset me was the sentence I deleted. Everything else I wasn't to worried about. But I'm glad we all talked about it and can leave it at that.

Yes, you are my friend. The reason why I don't mention someones real name on here it's because I don't know if it's OK with them. If a member has their real name in their signature then yes, I'll use the real name.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl