Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: he did it he did it oh yeah yeah yeah

Default he did it he did it oh yeah yeah yeah

So I have been working with my gu for awhile now attempting to get him to be a bit more friendly... I have a friend and her method of "taming" is to hold them until they relax and fall asleep not fake sleep but real sleep... well weasley has been super resistant to real sleep which is ok i have put him under a towel or my blanket and hung out with him... not squeezing or manhandling him but a firm hand stopping him from scurrying off... we do this daily and have done it for the last 2-3 weeks... so today i came home and he was cruising across the bedroom per usual and i went to him let him sniff me and picked him up... then he climbed up to my shoulder and hung out as i walked to the bathroom he climbed down into the tub as usual i ran his warm water and added some oil (mineral oil unscented) on his tail as that is the area he has horrible shedding issues, anyway i went out for a minute did a few things in the kitchen and came back into the bathroom and he walked over looking up at me i sat down next to the tub and put my hand in and he walked to my hand put his head on it and i started to rub the side of his jowels he closed his eyes and 2 minutes later was limp and asleep... HE WANTED ME TO TOUCH HIM... sought me out... i know it seems silly but he was def looking for me at he looked at me when i was standing and came to me when i reached in not trying to get out just wanting to rest his head in my hand... for real... sorry this is something we have been working on for a long time... convincing him i am not out to eat him... he also just licks me when i reach for him and allows me to pet him when he is just hanging out ... sorry it is a big deal he has not been easy to win over and we aren't 100 percent yet but he is def coming around
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

Woohoo . Congrats. I'm very happy for you. This is a big deal. Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Aww, that's pretty cool!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

ALSO the other night when i got home after our usual routine of feed soak hang out i put him in my lap while i was on the laptop... HE FELL ASLEEP on my leg just like oh ok this is cool and the little tegu i just got... she is not skittish at ALL actually she just now crawled under my shirt and went back to sleep like oh it's warm ... i like this warm thing ONE DAY I WILL BE LIKE BEASTMASTER but with tegus not ferrets LOL i am SO excited
    Gnat

thats amazing! i hope aragon will seek my attention one day hes friendly but he always wants to get away maybe ill try this! congrats on the progress any progress is good progress unless its bad progress! lol

Dawww I love stories like this(: I wish you the best of luck with your gu! It sounds like yall are off to a wonderful start!

so cute thanks for sharing

thanks for reading! earlier he was acting jerky and wriggling all over the place and peed all over me so we aren't over the hump yet but we are def getting better!
    Gnat

OH and allow me to add it has taken us about a year to get to this point... he is a test of my patience!
    Gnat

It's so nice to hear that things are finally getting better for you ( besides him peeing on you lol ). It's also good to hear that your new Tegu is more calm. Thank you for keeping us posted. Just if you have the time for it. Would you mind posting some photos of your Tegus ? Thank you.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl