Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Im new to the tegu! What fruits cant i feed my tegu

Thanks for the YouTube info I don't have a computer hooked up so I'll do that at some point :d

Your welcome. I'm glad we can help. I'm sorry to hear about you loosing your two monitors. Wow, they lived a very long time. The fruits help with the shedding, too. If you want to you can get a syringe without a needle and puree some fruits. Put it in the syringe. Then stick the syringe as far as you can down the frozen/thawed rodent and squeeze the fruit/veggie puree into the rodent. This way Aragon can't taste it.

As soon as you pick him up put him against your chest. Hold him tight against your chest and start rubbing his neck. This always helped with our Tegus.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thanks again I'll try all of that he tore up my arms really good today rolling but I'll try holding him to my chest! Thanks you have been really helpful. To me!

i use a flavor injector for fruit inside rats... if you feed frozen thawed that is... i just puree fruit put it in the injector and shove the needle into the rats midsection.... now that i reread this it sounds a bit barbaric... but it is how i do it...
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by ReptiTheTeguFreak View Post
    Thanks every one you guys are really helpful! He won't eat any fruit I called the pets tore they only fed him meat is that bad? I'll try mixing it in with some ground turkey I have a bunch of ground chicken I got from the butcher no one really eats it can he have that as well? I also got a calcium spray for food but they were out of vitamins with d3 is he gonna be ok for a few weeks till they restock? hate pet stores they never have a good feeding regiment had the same problem with my monitors I'm totally hooked on the tegu's I was really sad after I lost my monitors since it was my fault to many mice not enough variety lost one at 10 years and the other last may she was 13 was bummed allow year but Aragon breathed some life back into me also he has a nasty habit of rolling even while supported lifting him I'm scared one time I may drop him any ideas on how to fix that?
    There are a lot of differing opinions as to the effects of fruit vs no fruit... there is no perfect answer but i prefer to add fruit just in case... it won't hurt them ... have you tried mixing the meat you have w/ baby food? get organic mango baby food and mix it w/ the turkey or chicken or whatever I have come to the conclusion that mango is the one fruit most of them dig, also the chicken you have if it is raw it will be fine regardless of how it is cut.

You did right getting the cal w/out d 3 if your tegu has a good uvb light it will produce vitamin d to process the calcium ... that is why uvb is SO important. (this is my opinion from what i have read/seen) I use the calcium spray as well as giving whole prey items and ground meat w/ bones in... you kept your monitors alive that long don't second guess yourself... you know what to do they are very close in requirements

rolling... if you figure it out let me know lol...
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

ok i wasnt sure i seen a lot of caresheets that said with d3 was worried good thing its all they had! i tried the chicken will eat it whole but not ground same with turkey only thing he will eat is chicken chunks beef chunks and mice wont touch liver gizards fruits veggies iv tried so many things! ill try stuffing rats and maybe flavor injecting chicken and beef with the others thanks again! and also i know a friend who has had his black throat monitor for 14 years still healthy as a button the only difference is i fed rodents once a week and he did not he only feeds rodents as treats every 2 months but i was 13 when i got my first one so i wasnt as educated as i should have been live and learn!

You are very welcome. I'm glad when I can help. Even if you were just 13 I think you did a great job. When you are going to pick up Aragon wear a sweatshirt ( I put on a Hoody ). This way you will not get so scratched up.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

yea i just seen that in one of your videos! im gonna do that for sure!save my forearms prob easier to stop him from rolling out of my arms as well scared to hurt him if he ever fell!

Please let me know how things turn out. Thank you.

Our videos :