Thread: building an enclosure and need some help

Default building an enclosure and need some help

i've done alot of research on different enclosures and there building process'. i went to home depot today to price out all my stuff i will need (plywood, 2x3's, vents, sealant, sealant gun, etc.). i could not find any "display style" glass/plexi windows/doors. my enclosure will be 7L x 3.5W x 4H. thats all i can wedge with the given room i have. anyone building or that has built an enclosure, please help. where did u get the sliding door assembly from and is it glass or plexi. also, whats a good paint thats non toxic to paint the inside after i seal all the cracks? i will start another thread to show the process of my build.

Default Re: building an enclosure and need some help

I used these tracks
    http://www.rockler.com/m/product.cfm?page=2275
    Gorilla Guled them to the wood. I had the glass made at a local shop, 2ft long 18tall x2 for $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    I used these tracks
    http://www.rockler.com/m/product.cfm?page=2275
    Gorilla Guled them to the wood. I had the glass made at a local shop, 2ft long 18tall x2 for $50.
    thanks for the response! didnt think of going to a glass shop

pay more for tempered glass as the regular glass tends to chip over time with use.
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

thanks for the advice Boozer! ill keep that in mind.

Does anyone have any advice on what water resistant paint, or clear coat, to apply on the interior of the enclosure? im going to use water resistant sealer to all cracks or where pieces of wood meet, but what paint is safe for my tegu? what paint did you all use?

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    thanks for the advice Boozer! ill keep that in mind.

Does anyone have any advice on what water resistant paint, or clear coat, to apply on the interior of the enclosure? im going to use water resistant sealer to all cracks or where pieces of wood meet, but what paint is safe for my tegu? what paint did you all use?
    no prob subiedude09. i used DRYLOCK which is a waterproofing concrete sealer available at most hardware stores. and any water-based paint will do. i use benjamin moore. drylock 1st paint 2nd
    You can contact me at

myspace.com/only1boozer

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    no prob subiedude09. i used DRYLOCK which is a waterproofing concrete sealer available at most hardware stores. and any water-based paint will do. i use benjamin moore. drylock 1st paint 2nd
    Thanks a bunch Boozer! Much appreciated!

Default building an enclosure and need some help

Look at my latest posts for maybe some inspiration. Good luck!