Thread: Charging??

Default Charging??

So ever since Tofu has been put into her new enclosure she has started charging me whenever I put my hand in her enclosure. So far it has only happened when I first put my hand in her enclosure. She does not bite or anything, only charge reaaaaal fast then stop and posture...Does anyone know why and more importantly, what should I do??

Thanks!
    Tricia

Hi Tricia. Our blue/red hybrid did this for a while when we put him into a bigger enclosure. I put a T-shirt over him so he can't see me ( if he can't see me, he can't bite me ). Then I picked him up and took him out of his enclosure. I fed him right away all he can eat. After a while ( a few weeks ) he stopped doing it.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you for your reply.

Tofu doesn't bite per say (but maybe it just hasn't happened yet). So should I still throw a tshirt over her? I have been flinching away when she charges but after I do, I offer my hand to her and she sniffs it, huffs and walks away..but still I feel like I am reinforcing this behavior...

Your welcome. Since Tofu hasn't bitten you yet I wouldn't throw the shirt over her. I know this is hard to do but don't move your hand away when she is charging at you. If you do this she thinks that she is the stronger one and you are scared of her. She will keep doing this then. Just have the sleeve over your hand when you try to get her out.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl