Thread: So, efficiency question: how do you prepare your ground turkey and vitamins/calcium?

Question So, efficiency question: how do you prepare your ground turkey and vitamins/calcium?

I'm wondering if people make batches of the ground meat and mix in power then seal it and take pieces of that big batch or if you store the meat, then take some off and add powders just before feeding.

Right now, I'm hand mixing them each time i want to feed, I'll grab like 1/4 teaspoon of mixed herptivite/calcium and mix it with a small portion of the turkey. it's kind of messy and innefficient as alot of the powder is either lost in bowl/plate or my fingers lol.

Semi-side question: I fed him ground turkey on monday, and yesterday he didnt want anything, today he took one piece and was done. I'm assuming he's still dealing with mondays serving and doesnt want to eat yet. he is tiny which how much he ate i could see/feel his belly being full ha.

is it normal for them to eat a good amount then go a couple days and only take a little if any at all?

That can be pretty normal. I like to keep my supplements and add them right before feeding. I mix with a spoon and save my fingers.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

haha yeah, i kinda feel i need to use my hands as i gotta get the chunks pretty small to fit into his baby jaws lol

He is a little tiny thing!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes