Thread: What hilarious/unique traits does your tegu (or your tegus) possess?

Default What hilarious/unique traits does your tegu (or your tegus) possess?

Hey guys I thought of creating this thread after discovering something new about my tegu. As a last-ditch effort to stay out of the cage, he now tries to climb on my head. This is now a frequently used technique, which not only gives him a few more moments outside but also makes me look like an idiot lol.

So I was wondering.... what unique trait (or traits) does your tegu(s) possess?

I look forward to your replies

Countless.

1. The Food Scramble: He HATES bathes- Which he gets after every meal since he is already in the tub. So, when I left up his plate to take it out for the bath, he climbs UP THE PLATE AS I LIFT IT, then goes UP my hand, and runs up to my shoulder. Every. Single. Time.

2.The Sleep 'N Eat: When he eats, often he just stick his head all the way into the mush of food, and slurps it up like a cat with milk? It just slowly dissapears and he sucks it in through his mouth. His eyes are closed when he does this (probably to keep it out of his eyes), but it really is funny since you can't see his head.

The Cat Game: When basking, he in perfect view of my Kitten, so the kitten sits on the Mini-Fridge next to him which I keep for all Reptiles foods, and swats at the cat through the glass. Loki finds this amusing. He will run in to his hide, and then wait... then dash out and scare my cat of the Fridge by opening his mouth (No hissing, no huffing, no tail movement, no defensive postures, he isn't scared- he just knows he gets a response). Then he basks again and waits. The cat comes back... repeat.... repeat... lol.

Snuggle or DIE: When I hold him, he lifts up my hand to be pet and to snuggle into my stomach- if I don't comply his puts his mouth around me really gently like "Hey! I said CUDDLE you pathetic human! Do it or I will continue to fake bite you!"

Just a few. I'll post more as it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Countless.

1. The Food Scramble: He HATES bathes- Which he gets after every meal since he is already in the tub. So, when I left up his plate to take it out for the bath, he climbs UP THE PLATE AS I LIFT IT, then goes UP my hand, and runs up to my shoulder. Every. Single. Time.
    Hahaha Chief hates his baths too! They really utilize their intelligence when they don't want to do something!

That's adorable how your tegu seeks attention and affection

idk if weasley has any... he is kinda a jerk still isn't super affectionate most of the time (working on that though) but when he soaks (he loves his bath) he will freak out to get away from his poop like OMG IT IS SO GROSS that is how i know he pooped he also does the "i am gonna bury myself in this meat mix and hide thing" and it is gross and makes a mess in the tub... he is kinda a tegus tegu.. like a mans man... he does all the classic tegu things i have read about... he does sometimes hang out with the cat... and the little one i got well it is too soon to tell her quirks she is still asleep for the winter
    Gnat
    "I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it"~Edith Sitwell
    "Nothing brings people together like a mutual hatred"~ Henry Rollins

well like i mentioned in another thread, my tegu likes to eat inanimate objects more than his food.

other than that he loves his bath time and will sit calm in there for hours if you let him just keep adding warm water.

He loves to jump and climb and try to escape from his tank.

mine will also play with the cat because the cat lays next to the tank because he can feel the heat lamp and it makes teggy want to tail whip the cat. and the cat will run away then the same repeat repeat repeat