Thread: Hi.

Default Hi.

I'm Chantel, I came from a different forum (not sure of the rules regarding mentioning specific forums...) that I see a lot of you are also on. I'm transferring over to this forum hoping that the rude people from the other forum aren't on here.
    If this forum is full of rude people as well please let me know right off the bat so I don't waste my time here.

Forums should be a place newbies and seniors in the hobby alike should be able to discuss and ask/answer questions, not somewhere that a new person is insulted and shot down for asking something or describing their situation. The other forum really made me feel uncomfortable and I won't post anything on there.

Hopefully this one is better. Time will tell. So, hi.

I have a Columbian black and white that I hope is girl, so I'll say "she" when I talk about her. Her name is Joanna (referencing The Rescuers Down Under, even though Joanna was a goanna), and she's about 10" long from nose to the end of her tail. She's a big sweetheart.

I guess that's it for now.

Hi Chantel. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I like it that you get right to the point . Don't worry. You will be safe on our Forum . Everyone here is very helpful and very friendly. I'm OK when our members give their opinion as long as it is in a polite way. I call this a family forum because every one here sticks together. Since we also have kids on this forum I want the parents to feel safe for the kids to come on here. If someone is posting something that is out of line I will delete that part and pm the member and explain why I did it. There also will be a warning ( I'll ask in a nice way ). If it happens again then I'll ban this member. I hate to do this but I want to keep it peaceful on here. No one is better than anyone else. We all started of some where ( learning about the Tegus ). I believe in the more you ask the more you will learn. This will result in a happy Tegu. When you have a happy, healthy Tegu then I'm happy . If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to pm me at any time. Sorry for making this so long. Oh, one more thing. I'm not very strict. All I ask from everyone to be nice. You might be talking about Tegutalk.

I like the name Joanna very much. It's very beautiful. If you like and if you have the time for it we would love to see some photos of her.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

This forum has many of the same people, but a different sense of community. No, we don't have the rudeness over here.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

i love it here. everyone no matter how dumb the question or different way things are handled or how the babies are raised noone will criticize, they just give suggestions to better the babies

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Hi Chantel. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I like it that you get right to the point . Don't worry. You will be safe on our Forum . Everyone here is very helpful and very friendly. I'm OK when our members give their opinion as long as it is in a polite way. I call this a family forum because every one here sticks together. Since we also have kids on this forum I want the parents to feel safe for the kids to come on here. If someone is posting something that is out of line I will delete that part and pm the member and explain why I did it. There also will be a warning ( I'll ask in a nice way ). If it happens again then I'll ban this member. I hate to do this but I want to keep it peaceful on here. No one is better than anyone else. We all started of some where ( learning about the Tegus ). I believe in the more you ask the more you will learn. This will result in a happy Tegu. When you have a happy, healthy Tegu then I'm happy . If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to pm me at any time. Sorry for making this so long. Oh, one more thing. I'm not very strict. All I ask from everyone to be nice. You might be talking about Tegutalk.

I like the name Joanna very much. It's very beautiful. If you like and if you have the time for it we would love to see some photos of her.

Definitely was talking about TeguTalk! There are some extremely rude senior members there who are very condescending to others. Please don't ever apologize for a lengthy response; it shows you read what I wrote and put some thought into what you are saying! I can always appreciate enthusiasm when it comes to assisting new people. I'll have to take a look around to see if any posts are stickied regarding photo-posting. Even when I copy and paste an IMG code into a forum it doesn't always post the photo. Because I'm almost always on either my iPad or my iPhone, photobucket (or some other media) isn't really a viable option. She is precious, though, so I'd love to share pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by laurarfl View Post
    This forum has many of the same people, but a different sense of community. No, we don't have the rudeness over here.
    Yes! Your name was one I recognized. Seems better here already!

I believe that is how communities like this should be. Everyone needs to be educated, not yelled at.

Welcome to the fourm (: I also moved here from another fourm because of rude people, but i can definatly assure you everyone here is very nice and helpful (:

Welcome to the other side.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Thank you for not minding the long posts. I'm glad you like it here better already. Hope to see you around.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl